MasbatePhilippines located in the Bicol Region. It consists of three major islands: Masbate, Ticao and Burias. Its capital and largest city is Masbate City.
- There's a daily bus trips going to/from Manila to Masbate via Pilar port. from Pilar port to Manila it is one way for aircon buses and one way for ordinary buses.
- Montenegro shipping lines bus/ferry/bus to/from Masbate to Cebu Province. The Montenegro shipping lines RORO ferry departs from Cataingan port 77 km south of Masbate city going to Bogo city on Cebu Island. The ferry departs Cataingan port every day at noon. the trip takes six hours.
- There is a RORO A/C bus which goes from the Montenegaro booking office in Masbate city port to Cebu City every day at 8:30AM. The fare is to Cebu City and to Bogo City.
Moises R. Espinosa Airport
Due to low demand, PAL Express, the regional, low-cost subsidiary of Philippine Airlines, no longer flies to Masbate.
The regional subsidiary of Cebu Pacific, Cebgo, flies to Masbate from Cebu and Manila.
- from Masbate city to Pilar in the province of Sorsogon. By Fastcraft or RORO Ferry, Montengro Shipping lines fastcraft takes 2½ hours. and the Montengro RORO ferry takes 4½ hours. the fare for the fastcraft is + port fee. For the RORO ferry the fare is + port fee from Pilar port gate there are vans going to/from Legazpi City (one hour) with a fare of .
- There is a ferry once a week from Masbate to/from Batangas in Luzon.
- From Masbate city to Cebu city Cokaliong Shipping lines, c/o First Choice Travel Agency Masbate port gate, tickets for sale Monday to Saturday 8AM-5PM. Cokaliong has a ferry to Cebu city once a week on Saturday at 7PM. Non-A/C fare: each way. The tourist class A/C fare is each way.
- From Mandaon port a van ride. From Masbate city there are Pumpboats going to/from Roxas city.
- There is a bus/van terminal in Masbate city (next to the city market) with minivans and buses going to most places around Masbate Island. The van fare from Masbate City to Mandaon is .
- Bituon Beach is a small private beach south of the barangay of Mobo where guests can stay overnight in bungalows.
- Rodeo Masbateño is held annually.
- Magcaraguit island in Dimassalang, Masbate offers white sand beaches.
Swimming with manta raysDive and swim with the manta rays in Ticao Island.
Buntod SandbarA 10-minute boat ride from the city will take you to Buntod Sandbar, which vanishes during high tide.
- The Rodeo Masbateno is held annually every 2nd week of April. Unlike the US rodeo, the Philippine rodeo is more of a ranch practice in handling the cattle that was turned into a game. The events consist of casting down, carambola, steer roping, steer wrestling, bull riding, load carrying and whip cracking. There are two categories for participants: student and professional. Under each category, there are women’s and men’s divisions.
Malls & supermarkets
address: Cagba Street & Central Nautical HighwayHas a Jolibee.
address: Zurbito street
Novo Department Storeaddress: Quezon Street
LCC Express Mart Supermarketaddress: Quezon Street.
Banks & ATMs
PNB Bankaddress: Quezon StreetVisa Card ATM.
MetroBankaddress: Zurbito StreetMaster Card/Visa Card ATM.
Bank of the Philippine Islandsaddress: Quezon StreetMaster Card/Visa Card ATM.
Port Zirteasaddress: Mabini St, Masbate CitySmall resto with a homey ambience.
phone: +63 56 333-6844address: Danao streetFan/AC double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV.
Sampaguita Tourist Innphone: +63 56 333-4729address: Quezon streetVery small no window fan and a/c rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. Has free Wifi.
Ranchers Hotelphone: +63 56 3333931address: Tara Streetf₱an double room.
St Anthony Hotelphone: +63 56 3332180address: Quezon StreetFan single room with own bathroom.
Victoria DuHotelphone: +63 56 3336592address: Tara StreetFan rooms.
- Balay Valencia Ibanez St Tel. No. 056 - 3336530 A quaint hotel in the middle of the city. Adequate rooms, aircon/non aircon, TV, free wifi connection, breakfast included, meals available upon request. Rate starts at a night for a fan room up to for an AC double. Room facing the street side might be a little noisy.
- Team Centrum SeaMens Hotel. 28 Danao Street, adequate but over priced rooms. Air-con, TV, no hot water /night.
Novo Hotelphone: +63 56 578068address: Quezon StreetAC double room with own bathroom and cable TV.