McCombMississippi off I-55, 81 miles south of Jackson and 108 miles north of New Orleans. It is about 15 miles from the Louisiana State Line. It was chartered in 1872, and is considered the hub of Pike County. It was the home of the Illinois Central Gulf Railroad yards and the largest city in the county. The main line of the Illinois Central (now the Canadian National Railway) passes through the city in a direct route from New Orleans to Chicago. McComb has a history of a stable economic base with the railroad shops having had a 70-year association with the area.
- I-55 (Southaven, Grenada, Canton, Jackson, Hazlehurst, Brookhaven, McComb)
- Hwy 51 (Southaven, Grenada, Canton, Jackson, Hazlehurst, Brookhaven, McComb)
- Hwy 570 (Smithdale, McComb)
- Hwy 44 (McComb, Jayess, Columbia)
- Hwy 48 (Centreville, McComb)
- Hwy 24 (Woodville, Liberty, McComb)
- U.S 98 (McComb, Tylertown, Columbia, Hattiesburg)
By planeThe closest airport near McComb is the Jackson-Evers International Airport in Jackson which is 1 hr 22 min away. The New Orleans International Airport in New Orleans is 1 hr 33 min away. McComb has a public airport, McComb-Pike County Airport which is south of McComb.
By busGreyhound has an active bus depot off I-55 at Delaware Ave Exit 17 in the Downtown McComb Area at 320 N. Broadway St. +1 601-250-1030.
Amtrak, the national passenger rail system, provides service to McComb. Amtrak Train 59, the southbound City of New Orleans, is scheduled to depart McComb at 12:41PM daily with service to Hammond and New Orleans.
Amtrak Train 58, the northbound City of New Orleans, is scheduled to depart McComb at 3:38PM daily with service to Brookhaven, Hazlehurst, Jackson, Yazoo City, Greenwood, Memphis, Newbern-Dyersburg, Fulton, Carbondale, Centralia, Effingham, Mattoon, Champaign-Urbana, Kankakee, Homewood, and Chicago. McComb has a train depot station at 114 Northeast Railroad Ave in Downtown McComb.
Percy Quinn State Park
Quail Hollow Golf Course
Pike County Little Theater
Edgewood MallIt is anchored by Belk, JCPenney, Sears, Stage, and Ashley Furniture Homestore. The mall has up to at least 45 stores along with a food court and a restaurant inside. Next door to the mall is Wal-Mart Supercenter and across the boulevard is Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse. A lot of restaurants, hotels, car dealers, shopping center, movie store, gas stations, churches, and more stores are located by the mall.
- Pike Center Mart is a large shopping center in South McComb on Presley Blvd (Hwy 98). It has over 40 stores. Many restaurants, businesses, and stores are nearby.
Many other large shopping centers are in McComb on Delaware Ave with great clothing stores, restaurants, and business stores inside. One of the major ones are Southwest Shopping Center on Delaware Ave.
- El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant located on 1436 Delaware Ave. +1 601 249-0209. Great Mexican food at this restaurant. You can go and eat all you want on the buffet.
phone: +1 601 684-8601address: 255 Anna Dr Ext
- China Buffet at 1604 Veterans Blvd. The China Buffet restaurant is part of the Edgewood Mall area in North McComb. Located off I-55 Exit 18 (Veterans Blvd) infront of Wal-Mart Supercenter next to Radio Shack across from the shopping center. China Buffet is a wide selection of Asian Cuisine, also with American fares. It has a great salad bar. The eating areas at this restaurant are very clean and table service is prompt.
phone: +1 601 684-4883address: 229 5th AveGreat fried chicken, corn bread, macaroni & cheese, mash potatoes, collard greens, great sweet tea. This restaurant has been in McComb since 1947.
- Broma's Deli at 1722 Veterans Blvd in the Edgewood Mall. All kinds of sandwiches, salads, and great sweet tea.
- Mr. Whisker's Family Catfish at Hwy 48 in McComb. This is where you will find some of the best southern catfish. Along with other food serving like all kinds of chicken, french fries, and more food that fits in with catfish.
phone: +1 601 249-0237address: 105 Edgewood DrA clean restaurant with great food, clean tables, and nice service.
98 Tavern & Seafoodaddress: 1055 Hwy 98 East
Point Afteraddress: 255 E Presley Blvd
address: 515 S Railroad Ave
phone: +1 601 249-0080address: 107 Scott Dr56 rooms. It has great service and excellent rooms.
phone: +1 601 684-5566address: Delaware AveThe largest Days Inn in the central and south Mississippi area. The motel has 115 rooms and a dining restaurant. Days Inn has great service and spacious rooms.
phone: +1 601 249-4300address: 101 Anna Drive63 rooms.
phone: +1 601 684-8655address: 2001 Veterans BlvdWest of I-55 on the other side down from the mall. There are 75 rooms in the hotel.
phone: +1 601 249-4116address: 109 Manisha Drive75 rooms. Complimentary hot breakfast served daily. On-site fitness center and outdoor pool. Meeting space is also available for those corporate meetings, family gatherings, baby showers, weddings or any reception for groups up to 75.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites 105 Holiday Lane (off I-55 at Exit 18 at Veterans Blvd/ I-55 Frontage Rd), +1 601 249-0683. It's behind Edgewood Mall behind Belk. It is very visible from I-55. The hotel has 3 floors with 69 spacious rooms.
phone: +1 601 684-8655address: 2001 Veterans Blvd.