Melbourne (Florida)Melbourne is on East Central Florida's Space Coast in Brevard County.
Spanning the Indian River Lagoon to connect the mainland to the barrier island are a pair of four-lane, high-rise bridges the Melbourne Causeway and the Eau Gallie Causeway.
phone: +1 321 723-6227 (ext. 222)Serves Florida's Space and Treasure Coasts with domestic and international passenger and air freight service. Utilizing convenient, state-of-the-art facilities, the Melbourne International Airport is served by Delta and American Airlines as well as regional carriers. The Airport also provides services including charter passenger flights, private aviation, and air freight flights.
Other nearby airports include:
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) 64 miles NW of Melbourne.
- Orlando-Sanford International Airport (SFB) 84 miles NW of Melbourne.
- Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB) 90 miles N of Melbourne.
- Space Coast Area Transit is the name of the local Brevard County bus service. It is a cheap way to get around and is handicap accessible. The website provides maps and timetables. Buses travel to most sites and places of interest. $1.25 per ride, or $35 for a monthly pass.
By carThe best way to get around Melbourne is by car. Major Roads include:
- U.S. Highway 1. Harbor City Boulevard is the local street name, and it runs parallel to the Indian River on the eastern side of the city. This road allows easy access to the beaches over 3 causeways: the Pineda Causeway (Florida State Road 404), Eau Gallie Causeway, and Melbourne Causeway.
- U.S. Highway 192. Locally named New Haven Avenue or Strawbridge Avenue (historic downtown), US 192 is one of the major commercial, entertainment, and retail areas of Melbourne. Many businesses, large and small, are located on this busy avenue. It serves as a route to Kissimmee and the tourist corridor of Orlando to the west, and the town of Indialantic to the east via the Melbourne Causeway.
- Interstate 95. This 6 lane interstate highway passes through the city limits, 4 exit ramps located in the Melbourne Vicinity. It serves as the main north-south route in the metropolitan area.
- Florida State Road A1A. This road runs along the beaches and provides easy access to other areas of Brevard County.
- County Road 509 (Wickham\Minton). Wickham serves as a second north to south route in the Melbourne area.
address: 625 East New Haven Av
address: 1601 Oak St
address: 3865 N. Wickham Road
Melbourne Arts FestivalApril.
Florida EcoSafaris at Forever Florida (Zipline Safari)Journey deep into Forever Florida, a 4700 acre eco-ranch and wildlife conservation area, preserved just as nature intended. This beautiful site boasts 9 distinct Florida ecosystems and an endless array of natural flora and fauna including alligators, black bears, nearly two hundred species of birds and the endangered Florida panther. Choose your own fully-guided adventure: Coach Safari, Horseback Safari, soar through the treetops on the NEW Zipline Safari. Reservations Required.
Andretti's Thrill ParkGo Kart's, Mini Golf.
Galaxy SkatewayRoller Skating Rink.
address: 1500 Highland AveFounded in 1954, the orchestra-in-residence at the King Center for the performing arts. Brevard's only professional orchestra.
address: 1973 Guava AveFounded in 2011, CrossFit affiliate located in Melbourne.
- Melbourne Square Mall, 1700 W New Haven Ave, +1 321 956-3393.
- Longboard House, 101 Fifth Ave, Indialantic, +1 321 951-8001.
address: 1477 Pineapple Avenue"Where the locals eat & drink." $5-$15 per person. Located on the Indian River.
- Siam Orchid Best Sushi in town!
Cedar's CafeAuthentic Lebanese food wonderful! Best Tabouli in town!
phone: +1 321-254-7411address: 3082 Lake Washington RdIn business for over 40 years, known for Pizza and Stromboli.
Historic Downtown Dining
address: 936 E New Haven Ave
address: 820 E New Haven Ave
address: 810 E New Haven Av
- Longdoggers Great local food for $5-$10 per person
Coasters Pub971A E Eau Gallie Blvd (Wal-Mart Plaza). 100+ Awesome Beers and Great Food
Meg O'Malley's Irish Pub & Restaurantaddress: 810 E New Haven Ave
address: 702 E New Haven Ave
Coasters PubBeachside at 971A E Eau Gallie Blvd (Wal-Mart Plaza). 100+ Awesome Beers and Great Food
Hilton Melbourne Rialto PlaceIs located within minutes of the Melbourne International Airport.
address: 1125 Airport Blvd.This hotel offers free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms and an on-site fitness room.
Bed & Breakfast
Crane Creek Inn Waterfront Bed & BreakfastLocated in Historic Downtown Melbourne.