Messina (province)Sicily, Italy and is the closest to the Italian mainland (as close as at some points).
- — busy city and link to the mainland
- — Naxos was the first Greek colony in Sicily, now it is Giardini Naxos under the hill of Taormina
- — gateway to the Aeolian Islands
- — A beautiful medieval town near Mt. Etna is listed among "I Borghi pui Belli D'Italia" (The Most Beautiful Towns in Italy) and provides a convenient central point for day trips to visit the Aeolian Islands, Tindari, Taormina, Giardini Naxos and Mount Etna
- — the main resort & tourist spot. Great Teatro Greco and views of Etna and the coast
- (Isole Eolie) — beautiful group of volcanic islands ()
Parco fluviale dell'Alcantaraa nature park along the river Alcantara, at the south-east of the province. It is famous for Gole dell'Alcantara – a deep impressive gorge carved by the Alcantara river on the edge of Etna.
Parco dei NebrodiExplore the trails of the mountainous park.