MiędzyzdrojeMiedzyzdroje (Misdroy) is a seaside resort in Zachodniopomorskie, Poland. It is situated at the Baltic coast of Wolin Island at a wide sandy beach. The Wolinski National Park is south of the city.
- From Gdańsk by the route E28 to Goleniów and then follow straight on E65 (DK3).
By trainThe Międzyzdroje Train Station is located on the other side of the river, since there is no bridge yet connecting the two parts. The Polish national railway company PKP provides many connections to Międzyzdroje from numerous destinations in Poland. For example, the train ride from regional capital Szczecin takes 1,5 hours.
The sea resort is not quite big, so you can easily walk it by foot or rent a bike.
Kawcza GóraViewpoint over the Baltic Sea.
Wzgórze GosańThis 93 meters high cliff is the highest point of the Wolin island. From the cliff you can have a nice view over the Baltic Sea. There is a parking lot aside the road (road number 102) 300 meters away from the place. There is a path leading the way to the top of the cliff.
You can go in for nearly all water sports, from diving and sailing to delta-flying. You can also ride a bike or horse. Playing beach volleyball is very popular.
Very popular and relatively cheap souvenirs are jewels of amber and silver as both are very common in Poland. The Bay of Gdańsk is known as the biggest amber place worldwide. Amber from the Polish coast was exported to Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire since ancient times.
You can get all the typical Polish meals. Fish dishes are very popular and you can often buy them fresh from the fishermen who prepare them at the beach after they return from fishing.
- Plaza Night Club at the Amber Baltic Hotel, Promenada Gwiazd 1, Friday to Sunday opening at 10 PM
On the island Wolin:
- Wolinski Nationalpark
- Game reserve of wisents
- sea resort and port Świnoujście
- sea resort Dziwnow
- ancient town of Wolin (town)
On the mainland:
- Pommeranian metropol Szczecin
- sea resort and medieval town of Kamien Pomorski
- sea resort and medieval town of Kolobrzeg
- Gothic church ruins at Trzesacz
- Medieval town of Stargard Szczecinski with an over hundred meter high cathedral