MiddelfartMiddelfart is a city on the island of Funen in Denmark, just before the highway and train line passes the little belt bridges to Jutland.
Kulturøena fairly new building on the waterfront build after the architectural principle of no right angles. The tourist information, the cinema, the library and a restaurant (shifting owner and concept about once a month due to constant bankruptcy) is to be found here. Just outside this building is a marina.
Sanct Nikolaus Churcha large Lutheran church
- Den gamle og nye lillebæltsbro (the old and the new Little Belt bridges) are two bridges, one carrying the highway and the other a road and the rail.
- The old town is an area in central Middelfart. It consists of narrow streets with old row houses where a few galleries and smaller shops are to be found.
The Commercial centerSeveral local boutiques are to be found here, including interesting local special shops.
Hindsgavl CastleThe castle is used for conferences and meetings. There is a restaurant too. The garden is very beautiful and romantic though
CLAYOld and modern danish ceramics in beautiful surroundings. The cafe have cakes and sandwiches.
- Run With the large forests and many marked paths, Middelfart is a runner's paradise. There are routes for everyone (2½ km to half marathon distance) and most of them have a beautiful view of the surrounding sound Fænøsund and the Little Belt. A large field with public cows (seriously) is also to be found by the routes, and the cows will follow you as soon as you open the gate and run through. They are very friendly and curious. Also, participate in Middelfart Half Marathon - an open race in the spring with 4-5000 runners crossing the bridges.
- Visit small galeries and museums Small galeries are to be found throughout the city and are often interesting to visit. There are a few museums in the old town on Algade.
- Jazzfestival There is an annual jazz festival in Middelfart with lots of both local, national and international artists. The festival lasts for 3–4 days and the city is vibrant due to the events all over the city centre and a few places outside. All concerts are outdoor, but the weather gods always shows to be fair for these days. Cheap beer is sold throughout the town.
phone: +45 88 32 58 00Walk and climb the old railway bridge between Fyn and Jylland. Enjoy the beautiful nature in every direction. And you have a good chance to spot a harbour porpoise jumping our of the water.
phone: +45 64410131address: Algade 60Good traditional Danish food
phone: +45 6441 8800address: Hindsgavl Allé 7The menu is limitied but delicious. Some of the vegetables are grown in the garden at the castle. The surroundings are amazing, especially if you can eat outside on the terrasse.
Restaurant Fænøsundphone: +45 64412838address: Teglgårdsvej 100Gourmet restaurant at the waterfront
phone: +45 64411616address: Havnegade 40Nice cafe with outdoor service at the waterfront with a view to both bridges
address: Teglgårdsvej 73Exclusive Hotel with nice rooms and a unique view over Fænøsund.
German Consulatephone: +45 64 41 54 01address: Strandvejen 5