NaivashaKenya, 90 km northwest of Nairobi on Lake Naivasha.
- There are frequent matatus from Nairobi (1½ hr, Ksh 200-300)
- The train from Nairobi takes around 4 hr leaving Nairobi at 6:30PM and Naivasha at 4:55AM.
- The bus or matatu fare from Naivasha to Nakuru is Ksh 180 and the trip takes one hour.
Matatus run along the Moi South Lake Rd to Kongoni (one hour, Ksh 100). You can get off for the Hell's Gate National Park on the way.
- Lake Naivasha is a beautiful freshwater lake with the highest elevation of the Kenyan Rift valley at 1,890 m. It's a popular weekend getaway for Nairobians.
- Hell's Gate National Park, outside the town, south of Lake Naivasha.
- Take a boat ride on Lake Naivasha to see the birds and hippos.
- Bike through Hell's Gate National Park and see the zebra, gazelle and warthogs.
- Hike down and through the Ol Njorowa Gorge. You can get a local guide at the entrance to the gorge. Wear hiking shoes and be prepared to get a little muddy.
- Dine on fresh fish from the lake.
address: Moi S Lake Roadmany stores and a Tuskys Supermarket.
address: Blashara streetlarge supermarket
Equity BankHas a Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
The lodges and other accommodation usually have a restaurant (and bar) on site. You can also visit the local villages for fresh and very cheap Kenyan food in the restaurants and cafes.
Most lodges have a bar on site, sometimes with a TV for sports. For cheaper beer go to the bars in the villages.
phone: +254 202 139 922, +254 726 870 590Fisherman's Camp is a campsite situated on the shores of Lake Naivasha (meaning 'rippling waters' in Masai). A fully equipped cottage and 4 Bandas (Kenya's equivalent to small challets) are also available. The site also has its own bar and restaurant (phone +254 5 050 462 for bookings).
phone: +254 20 2737956Fish Eagle Inn has a range of accommodation from dormitories to executive suites with options for full and half board, or bed only.
G M T Guest Houseaddress: next to weigh bridge mai mahiuFan double room with own bathroom and TV.
Naivasha Silver Viewphone: +254 716-660022address: Kenyatta AveSingle/double rooms.
Naivasha Guest Housephone: +254 50-2021227address: Kenyatta AvenueSingle/double rooms with own bathrooms.
Heshima B & Lphone: +254 723-103836address: Kariuki Chotara RoadRoom with outside hot water bathroom.
YMCAphone: +254 722-840857address: Moi South Lake RoadCamping, dorm beds, room.
Wambuku Lodgephone: +254 50-2030287address: Moi AvenueSingle/double rooms with own bathroom.
Four Seasons LodgeDouble room with own bathroom.
From Naivasha Town you can catch a matatu north to Nakuru.