Northern GuangdongGuangdong Province in China.
- (河源; Héyuán) - small city surrounded by rain forest
- (梅州; Méizhōu) - in the far northeast of Guangdong, home to the Hakka minority
- (清远; Qīngyuǎn) - tourist city north of Pearl River Delta surrounded by mountains
- (韶关; Sháoguān) - in the far north of Guangdong, home to an important temple and beautiful natural scenery
- (云浮; Yúnfú) - city in the mountains northwest of Zhuhai
- (肇庆; Zhàoqìng) - famous for its fresh air and the surrounding environment
Towns and sub-prefecture cities
- - small Yao minority city amongst the mountains
Northern Guangdong covers the inland part of Guangdong and includes the prefectures of Yunfu, Zhaoqing, Qingyuan, Shaoguan, Heyuan and Meizhou. This region is less developed and industrialised than the coastal regions of Guangdong, with mountains, rainforests and communities of ethnic minorities.
There are plentiful train, bus, and highway connections from Guangzhou and other cities of the Pearl River Delta.