- - Also known as Andoany, Hell-Ville is the main port town on the island, but most travelers will choose to stay on the island's beaches and avoid the bustle of this busy town.
- - This island is just south of Nosy Be and is significantly less developed, with no cars on the island and only a handful of smaller resorts.
- - This island is part of the Mitsio Islands, which are world famous for their scuba diving opportunities. Tsarbanjina is a private island that offers luxury accommodation to travelers with money to spare.
- - A tiny, uninhabited island southwest of Nosy Be, this marine sanctuary offers world-class snorkeling and is also popular with scuba divers.
- Lokobe National Park - a superb example of rainforest with all the amazing critters of Madagascar.
- Nosy Iranja - two islands at high tide and one at low tide separated by a 750 m sandy spit. An excursion that is a Must Do.
Accommodation in Nosy Be outside of Hell-ville can be very expensive (up to twice that of the mainland) and will often lack 21st century conveniences.
Fascene AirportThe airport has domestic and international flights. Ethiopian Airlines fly from Africa, Aisa, Europe via Addis Ababa. Airlink fly from Johannesburg. Air Austral fly from Bangkok, Mauritius, Chennai and Europe via Réunion. EWA Airlines fly from Dzaoudzi. Taxis are available from the airport and can take you to all points on the island.
- You can also travel to the Nosy Be by taking a speedboat from Ankify port to Hell-ville. Two car ferries also will take you from Hell-ville to Ankify, but these are much slower, and only recommended if you have to take a car with you.
- There are taxis-brousses for 2,000 Ar per person.
Yacht Geckophone: +27845249706Fully crewed charters inclusive of catered meals, all activities, fuel. Fishing, snorkelling,kayaking. Explore deserted beaches and uninhabited islands. Nice and steady so seasickness not a problem. Six nights minimum and minimum of three people.
- Maki Cat (Crewed catamaran Charter) A motorised catamaran for your exclusive us. Includes all meals, activities, fuel, fishing, snorkelling, scuba diving, all excursions. Six nights minimum. Minimum four people.
- Diving - there are many really good dive centres but the best would be at Sakatia Lodge on Nosy Sakatia.