NottinghamshireEngland in the United Kingdom.
Cities, towns and villages
- Nottingham, lively town day and night and location of Nottingham Castle.
- Edwinstowe – home of Sherwood Forest, remains of ancient forest famed for its setting in the Robin Hood folklore.
Nottinghamshire is one area everyone should visit for a break or holiday. The area is steeped in history and culture and the legend of Robin Hood. Sherwood Forest is a very popular place to explore all year around and the City of Nottingham is vibrant and lively. There really is something for everyone when you choose to stay in this region.
- (EMA) lies 12 miles (19km) south-west of Nottingham and flights are available to many European (mostly tourist) destinations. The Skylink Express bus runs between the airport and city centre every 30 minutes during the day. The bus journey takes approximately 35 minutes, depending on traffic conditions, and costs £5 single, £9.90 return, £9 for a day ticket (zigzag plus) including all trentbarton buses in the area. The slower Skylink Nottingham bus runs all through the night (hourly), with the same fares and a journey time of 50 minutes to an hour.
- Birmingham Airport (BHX) is approx. 40 miles from Nottingham and serves all major European and many international destinations. It is accessible by train, changing at Birmingham New Street.
- (DSA) lies to the north of Nottinghamshire.