OracleSouth Central Arizona, about 40 miles north of Tucson.
- Drive to Oracle; there is no mass transit nor trains, and the airport closed years ago. It is located 38 miles from downtown Tucson.
- Bicycle to Oracle: especially on Saturday mornings, a surprising number of people can be seen bicycling up State Highway 77 from as far as Tucson. Bicycling to Oracle from Tucson involves an uphill slog of 30 or more miles and a climb of about 2000 feet in elevation. It's for serious cyclists only, but there sure are a lot of them!
- Hiking to Oracle is more practical than you might expect; Oracle is on the edge of the Coronado National Forest, and the state-spanning Arizona State Trail skims Oracle's outskirts.
- Hitchhike to Oracle: sometimes possible.
- Driving is usually easiest.
- Bicycling requires the ability to do mild hill climbs and to cover a few miles, even within Oracle itself.
- Horses are for some a fun way to travel through Oracle and vicinity.
- Walking, if you don't mind covering a few miles on foot.
- Hitchhiking is sometimes possible.
phone: +1 520-838-6139address: 32540 A Biosphere Rd, Mile marker 96.5This unique facility was designed as an artificially closed complete ecology, and was the setting for research on human interaction with natural systems. The site is now owned and maintained by the University of Arizona, which conducts tours for the public.
phone: +1 520-896-9609address: 825 E Mt Lemmon HwyHas several exhibits relating to the history and culture of Oracle.
phone: +1 520-896-2425address: 3820 E Wildlife DrA historic 4,000-acre ranch in the northern foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains. The Kannally ranch now houses the Environmental Learning Center, a small museum. The park offers opportunities for hiking, mountain biking, and horse riding.
phone: +1 520-896-9200address: 1015 W American AveAntique shop with an open-air gallery of large metal sculptures.
DeMarco's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurantphone: +1 520-896-9627address: 1885 W American AveLargest, most diverse menu of any Italian restaurant in Oracle, including some unusual items. Try the eggplant parmesan sub (not a misprint!) Serves American/Mexican breakfast, predominantly Italian lunch & dinner.
Lupe'sphone: +1 520-818-7855address: 35530 N Hwy 7779Simple, but tasty Mexican food. If you get the beef, make sure it's the machaco (shredded).
phone: +1 520-896-3522address: 2161 Rockliffe BlvdTasty Italian food (pizza, pasta, calzones) in a casual but attractive setting. Family run, with paintings by the chef/owner on the wall.
Oracle Marketphone: +1 520-896-2232address: 760 E American AveGroceries and deli.
Casa Rivera's Taco Expressphone: +1 520-896-3747address: 1975 W American AveLocal family owned Mexican restaurant, very pleasant home-like atmosphere. Friendly staff.
phone: +1 520-896-7615address: 270 W American Ave
phone: +1 520-896-2048address: 1575 W American Ave
Chalet Village Motelphone: +1 520-896-9171address: 1245 W American Ave
phone: +1 520-896-7651address: 1170 N Rancho Robles RdA historic guest ranch operating since 1923.
Oracle is a natural gateway to the Santa Catalina Mountains and Mount Lemmon, which offer many hiking, mountain biking, and camping opportunities.