PalakolluNorthern Coast of Andhra Pradesh in India.
This small, colourful city is the one of the biggest in Andhra Pradesh, with a population of about 81,000.
By planeThere are flights from Rajahmundry Airport Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore to Vijayawada, which is less than 2 hours away by bus.
You can also take a flight (national or international) to Hyderabad airport and take a train (10 to 11 hour travel) to Palakollu. For other international connections, Chennai can also be used, which is an 11 hour train ride from Palakollu City.
By trainThere are plenty of long-distance trains available at the Rajahmundry Station to get to any part of the country and Palakollu also has a railway station which has an halt from every train passing through it.
Local (suburban) train travel is available between Gudivada, Bhimavaram, Nidadavolu and Narasapur.
- APS RTC buses travel longer distances within the state as well outside the state, for example to Hyderabad and Bangalore.
- Many private buses travel across the region covering both center city, suburban and rural areas.
- Parking in the city is improving. It may be easy to park two wheelers, but finding parking for cars is a bit harder. Generally parking is provided by the city government and business owners.
- By car (local)
- Commuter rail - Using the local trains, Palakollu city region can be accessed with the following train stops. The circular trains are to be introduced in the near future.
- Palakollu Railway Station
Motorbiking or bicycling in downtown and busy areas can often be quicker than taking the auto-rickshaw or a taxi.
Palakollu is known for its dibba rotti.