PanaboDavao Region. It is directly north of Davao City with a road distance of 33 km. It also known as the rich of bananas and pomelos.
By carPanabo is a travel access hub of many types vehicles throughout the south-east of the country. Travelers from Cagayan de Oro, Butuan, Surigao, Agusan Province, Mati, Compostela Valley province, and even travelers from Manila, South Luzon, and Visayas.
The nearest public airport is Davao International Airport, 21 km away in Davao City. A taxi or short distance bus from the airport to Panabo takes 30-40 minutes.
Panabo has its own wharf for docking sea vessels but it does not have a passenger terminal. Sasa Pier Passenger Terminal in Davao City is the only access from major cities in the country. Sasa Pier is about 23 km from Panabo and takes 45 minutes of travel.
Panabo is a simple place. The simplest way to get around the downtown area by tricycle. It only cost 9 pesos per passenger. If you want to go in farm areas outside downtown area, hop on jeepneys, multicabs, and a habal-habal (a modified motorcycle with extended seat to occupy more passengers).
The local dialect in the city is Bisaya. If you are a tourist the people in the city can understand and speak Tagalog and English.
The city is well known as mass producer of bananas and pomelos in the country. See the wide banana plantations just outside the downtown area.
Discover the Araw ng Panabo Festival which is held every March 31st. The celebration contains colorful parade and many other events.
Witness the Ati-atihan Festival of Sto. Niño Church.
FruitsThe city is famous for bananas and pomelos.
phone: +63 84-628-8888address: brgy sto nino
Jollibee fast foodThere are two Jollibees in Panabo.
The city has many resto bars. The most famous one is the Ultra Bowl, located along the main highway.
Panabo has several accommodations ideal for gatherings, be it business meetings, grand wedding receptions, conferences, seminars, and other functions.
- Gambriel Resort and Restaurant, Bangoy St, Gamao Subdivision (Barangay San Francisco). +63 84 822-5537. This is considered one of the nice resorts and restaurants. Swimming pool with cottages, children playground.
- Sta. Cruz Garden Resort, Barangay Malativas. A place to enjoy the scenery and experience the relaxing beauty. Swimming pool (adult and kids), indoor sports facilities.
- Papachi Leisure Park & Cottages. A place to relax and explore the beauty of the beach located at Barangay Cagangohan.
- Maria Clara Resort, Wharf Road, Brgy. San Pedro. +63 84 822-7083. Restaurant and conference halls.
- Papachi Leisure Park and Cottages, Brgy. Cagangohan. 09179542869. Restaurant and overnight cottages.
- Sta. Cruz Garden Resort, Brgy. Malativas. Swimming pool, cottages, and sports facilities.
- 3-One Apartelle, Km 31, Brgy. Cagangohan. +63 84 628-4872.
- Maria Clara Resort, Wharf Drive, San Pedro. +63 84 822-7083. Restaurant and VIP rooms.
- Oasis Inn, Brgy. Sto. Niño. +63 84 629-1326 ₱1700.
- Noble Inn, Brgy. Salvacion. +63 84 822-6400.
Residencia de Cristitaphone: +63 84-628-4156address: Brgy. Sto. NinoAir-conditioned rooms with cable TV, refrigerators and WiFi. Safe parking.
Jams Apartellephone: +63 84-628-6806address: Panabo National Highway.A/C rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV.