- Serra Verde Express, . On most days the scenic train from Curitiba stops only at Morretes but on Sundays it comes all the way to Paranaguá. The trains departs from Curitiba at 8:15AM and arrives in Paranaguá at 1:15PM. R$39.
By boatParanagua is linked by passenger launch to Guaraqueçaba, Ilha do Mel, and Ilha do Superagui.
Beach roadThe road along the beach downtown holds the highest concentration of colonial remnants, including the Elfrida Lobo House, the Cecy House, the Monsenhor Celso House, and the former Customs House.
Church of Nossa Senhora das MercêsIt was built in 1677 and then demolished 22 years later, this hilltop church was reconstructed in 1955. 365 steps leading up to the church offer a charming view of the city and the sea.
Church of Nossa Senhora do Rosárioaddress: Largo Monsenhor Celso - CentroBuilt by slaves in 1578, it was the first church in the state.
Church of São Beneditoaddress: Rua Conselheiro Sinimbú - CentroBuilt by slaves between 1600 and 1650.
Elfrida Lobo House
Mathias Böhn PalaceBuilt in the late 18th century and renovated in the late 19th.
Museum of the Historical and Geographic Institute of Paranaguáaddress: Rua XV de Novembro - CentroHouses a collection of weapons, instruments, furniture, and other items dating from the 17th and 18th century.
Old FountainBuilt in the 17th century to furnish water to the people, this fountain is the among the oldest constructions in the city.
Padroeira do Paraná Sanctuaryaddress: Praça Padre Tomás - RocioFinished in 1813.
Paranaguá Archeological and Ethnological MuseumInstalled in a former Jesuit college completed in 1755, this museum has a collection of archeological finds and items from indigenous peoples of the area.
Visconde de Nácar PalaceFormer governor's palace, constructed around 1840.
Armazém do Artesanatophone: +55 41 3422-6278address: Rua João Estevã 580Local handicrafts.
Brasilian Souvenirsphone: +55 41 3423-2532address: Rua Faria Sobrinho 1488
Mercado do Artesanatophone: +55 41 3423-2155address: Rua General Carneiro, no number
Mercado Municipal Basílio Abudphone: +55 41 3420-2924address: Rua João Estevão 18A typical Brazilian municipal market with food items, handicrafts, household items, and a whole range of other items.
Casa do Barreadophone: +55 41 3423-1830Specializes in the local version of barreado.
- Hotel Camboa - Rua João Estevão, S/N. - Centro.
- Hotel San Rafael - Rua Julia da Costa - Centro.
- Hotel Palácio- Rua Correia de Freitas- Centro. Tel: +55 41 3422-5655
- Hotel Lider - Rua Julia da Costa - Centro.
- Hotel Monte Líbano - Rua Julia da Costa - Centro.
- Guaraqueçaba is home to a recently created reserve for the Atlantic Forest which has been destroyed along most of the southern half of Brasil's coast. It is easier to get to Guaraquecaba from Paranaguá by boat than to drive there from Curitiba.
- Ilha do Mel
- Pontal do Paraná - This town, on the coast opposite Ilha do Mel, has modern beach resort facilities.