By carPort Talbot is located close to the M4 Motorway
By trainAll trains on the London Paddington main line to Swansea make a stop in Port Talbot Parkway station.
The town has a reliable bus service.
phone: +44 1639 871184address: SA13 2TAOne of the most important collections of Celtic early Christian stone crosses in Britain, including inscribed ogham stones and disc-headed crosses.
address: The Princess Margaret Way, SA12 7PBA three-mile stretch of beach in Sandfields. Great sunset location.
- The steel works. For people attracted to industrial scenery, the hills behind the town offer spectacular views of the huge steel works, which is even more impressive set against the background of the sea.
- Swansea bay. The town is located along the stunning sweep of Swansea Bay and offers views as far as Mumbles Head and the Gower Peninisular. Swansea is quite spectacular on clear day and when lit up at night.
- Margam Park. An 850-acre country park located just north of the town. The park boasts an 18th-century orangery and a splendid Tudor Gothic style Victorian Mansion House.
- Afan Forest Park is renowned for its world class mountain bike tracks.
- Glyncorrwg Ponds. Beautiful fishing centre and popular with walkers.
- Wind surfing.
- Mountain biking. The trails in Afan Forest Park (4 miles to the north) are some of the best in the world
Margam MountainSet at the back of Port Talbot overlooking the steelworks. Margam Mountain offers a gentle mountain biking route suitable for younger children 10+. There is a Forestry Commission car park located at near Llangynwyd near Maesteg.
- Walk. The promenade is an excellent place to walk and enjoy the sea breeze.
Go Ape, Margam Country ParkHigh-wire forest adventure an outdoor obstacle course set on the trees of Margam Country Park
Lakeside Golf ClubWater Street, Margam. 18 hole course
address: Goytre, SA13 2YP
address: Mount Pleasant, Neath Road, Maesteg18 hole course
- Replica miner's lamp. Made of solid brass, these souvenirs are available at the gift shop at Afan Argoed Country Park.
- Port Talbot Market Station Road, Port Talbot, SA13 1LB. Tuesdays 9am - 2pm, Saturdays 9am - 2pm. The market can be accessed from junctions 38-41 of the M4 motorway.
phone: +44 1639 887390address: 20 Forge Rd
address: 41 High Street, Abergwynfi, Port TalbotSelf catering holiday cottage sleeps 6. Mountain bikers welcome
phone: +44 1639 644444address: Hawdref Ganol Farm, Pontrhydyfen, Port TalbotTop quality steak restaurant and bed and breakfast accommodation. Quiet location.
address: Baglan Road, Baglan
- Swansea and the Gower Peninsular. The City of Swansea is 17km from Port Talbot, and offers major cultural and leisure facilities.
- Brecon and the Brecon Beacons. The country town of Brecon and the spectacular Brecon Beacons mountain range is a less than an hour's drive from Port Talbot.