QingyuanQingyuan (清远; Qīngyuǎn) is a city in Guangdong Province in China.
- Qingcheng District (清城区; Qīngchéngqū) - centre of the city
- Yingde City (英德市; Yīngdéshì) - 50 km northeast of the city centre, home to Baojing Palace
- Lianzhou City (连州市; Liánzhōushì) - 150 km north of the city centre, home to the Underground River
- Fogang County(佛冈县; Fógāngxiàn) - 40 km northeast of the city centre, home to Huanghua Lake
- Yangshan County (阳山县; Yángshānxiàn) - 100 km north of the city centre, home to Shikengkong Mountain
- Qingxin County (清新县; Qīngxīnxiàn) - home to caves and hot springs, just north of the city centre
- Lianshan Zhuang and Yao Autonomous County (连山壮族瑶族自治县; Liánshān Zhuàngzú Yáozúzìzhìxiàn)
- Liannan Yao Autonomous County (连南瑶族自治县; Liánnán Yáozúzìzhìxiàn)
Qingyuan is just north of the Pearl River Delta in a diverse landscape with both plains and mountains. The climate is subtropical monsoon with plenty of rain in the summer half and not too cold winters. The city can be visited all year but is most pleasant during April to October.
By planeQingyuan does not have its own airport but Guangzhou Airport is only 30 km away.
By trainArriving by train will take you to Qingyuan Station some 15 km east of the city centre. Trains include from
By busThere are plenty of buses to the city arriving including from
Old bus station: 3306600
New bus station: 3368565
The Old VillageA village with scenic waterways and old-fashioned buildings.
Feilai Temple1,400 years old temple beautifully situated at the bank of Beijiang River.
Feixia Scenic Areaphone: +86 763 3780168, +86 763 3780088Area along Beijiang River with hills on both banks.
Baojing Palace of Yingdephone: +86 763 2222131address: Yingde City (英德市; Yīngdéshì)
Taihe Ancient Caveaddress: Taihe Town, Qingxin County (清新县太和镇; Qīngxīnxiàn Tàihézhèn)
Sankeng Hot Springaddress: Sankeng Town, Qingxin County (清新县三坑镇; Qīngxīnxiàn Sānkēngzhèn)
Huanghua Lakeaddress: Fogang County (佛冈县; Fógāngxiàn)
Little Beijiang of LianyangThe river helps sustain 4 million people in the whole northwest part of Qingyuan. You can row on this river with a rowboat.
Peak Shikengkong in Yangshan County
Underground River of Lianzhou
Three Gorges of Huangchuan
Yinzhan Hot Spring Area
Yao Ethnic Minority of Liannan
Glass BridgeHigh above Gulongxia, not for those with fear of heights. There's also a glass viewing platform above the same valley.
Water-raftingNot white-water rafting as we know it but a man-made cement slide on a mountain where two people sit in a small dinghy and hang on for dear life. No guide and no rowing required. Going with a tour agency can get you better prices as they often tie in the tour with shopping visits in which you listen to a lecture on a variety of products. Whilst it may seem boring, the entire tour including lunch can end up being cheaper than the entrance fee at the rafting site. There are several canyons to choose from.
GulongxiaThe tallest canyon.
HuangtengxiaEqually popular and also has a water park, a mountain luge trail, cable cars and a treetop walk.
Indigenous TribesVisit minorities in Liannan and Lianshan.
Baiyun Airport Hot Spring Resort
Dragon Bay Natural Hot Spring Resort
Gehao Holiday Hotel
Grace Garden Hotel
Hubin Bubugao Hotel
Lilac Garden Hotel
Qingyuan Yingde Baodunhu Villa
Shampoola Forest Hotel
Tianmengou Jiuzhouyizhan Resort
Zoto Garden Hotel
Sofitel Riverside Qingyuan