Red Carpet CountryOklahoma and includes the panhandle.
- Black Mesa State Park County Road 325, 28 miles northwest of Boise City. The park got its name from the black lava rock that covered the area 30 million years ago. Hike the petrified forest trail and walk in fossil footprints of dinosaurs.
Glass Mountains State Park
Little Sahara State Park
Alabaster Caverns State Park
Boiling Springs State Park
Roman Nose State Park
Beaver Dunes State Park
Historic Fort Supply
Pioneer Museum, Woodward
Cherokee Strip Museum, Alva
NW State University Museum of Natural History, Alva
- Black Mesa, the highest point in the state of Oklahoma at just short of 5000', is in Black Mesa State Park, and is accessible by an easy, scenic trail.
- The Cimarron Bypass of the Santa Fe Trail passes through this region. Trail ruts and artifacts are visible in a few places (e.g. near Boise City).
- Rent a dune buggy or explore the natural sand dunes at Little Sahara State Park or Beaver Dunes State Park.
- Tour the World's only Gypsum Cave that is open to the public at Alabaster Caverns State Park.