Sourced from Wikivoyage. Text is available under the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.
Rhosneigr is a village in the county of Anglesey in North Wales. It has less than 750 residents but is popular with visitors for its sandy beaches on the Anglesey coast, local bird life and idyllic countryside views.
By carRhosneigr is an easy 30 minute drive from Bangor. Coming from that direction, you'll need to take the A55 toward Caergybi/Holyhead and then the A4080/A5 exit to Rhosneigr/Aberffraw/Bryngwran.
By trainRhosneigr rail station is on the Holyhead line with connections to Wrexham, Shrewsbury, Birmingham International, Crewe and Cardiff.
By busBus 25 from Aberffraw and Holyhead and Bus 45 from Llangefni
Birdlife around Llyn Maelog or Maelog lakeThis 65 acres lake is a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest. Follow the footpath around it to get a glimps of the many species that live and breed here.
address: Ty CroesNeolithic burial chamber
- Enjoy Rhosneigr beach life and the water sports available. Take a swim, go windsurfing, kite surfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, or underwater diving.
- Beaches in the area:Crigyll Beach, Cymyran Beach, Broad Beach, Porth Nobla and Cable Bay.
- Go fishing in the lake or on the sea.
- Take a swing at the 18 hole golf course of the Anglesey Golf Club
- Bring your own bike or rent one locally, to explore the pleasant countryside surrounding the village.
phone: 0844 8080808 (high cost number)address: Anglesey Race Circuit, Ty Croes, LL63 5TFOffers various driving experiences.
phone: +44 1407 812829
phone: +44 1407 811111address: High Street
phone: +44 1407 840695address: Ty Croes
phone: +44 1407 811208address: High Street