RosenheimRosenheim is in the German state of Bavaria. It is south-east of Munich and has a population of 60,000.
By planeThe nearest airports are the ones in Munich and Salzburg (Austria). Rosenheim can be reached from these airports by train, which takes about 90 minutes.
By trainRosenheim has one train station, where regional, national and international trains take you to your desired destination.
Rosenheim railway station
By carRosenheim can be reached on the motorway A8 (Munich - Salzburg (Austria)), exit 'Rosenheim'.
Distance from Munich to Rosenheim is 70 km, from Salzburg to Rosenheim it's about 90 km
BusFor longer distances, Rosenheim has a very well developed bus system. Besides regional bus lines, there are 12 city lines and 4 night lines.
Nikolaus Churchaddress: LudwigsplatzThe main church in Rosenheim.
Loreto Chapeladdress: Ebersberger StreetLike all the other loreto chapels, this is a copy of the Basilica della Santa Casa, a popular Catholic pilgrimage site in Loreto, Italy.
Holy Bloodaddress: Heilig-Blut-StreetThe former pilgrimage church in the south of the city has a beautiful side altar.
- Historical city centre
Beer Cellar at the Roxyberg
Holztechnisches Museumaddress: Max-Josefs-PlatzA museum dedicated to wood and its use.
Städtisches Museumaddress: LudwigsplatzA museum showing how people were living in the town in earlier times.
Inn-Museumaddress: Inn streetDedicated to the river Inn and its use and importance for the region and ships and shipbuilding. The Inn Museum's building (the Bruckbaustadel) is a beautiful historical building dated back to the 17th century.
LokschuppenAt Rathaus street, usually has one exhibition at a time, which is usually well-known even outside the borders of Rosenheim. Previous exhibitions were about Dinosaurs, Mummies, Tibet, Bionic, Maya, the Desert.
Starbulls RosenheimWatch a game of the local ice hockey team.
- Climb the Wendelstein or Kampenwand (beautiful view!)
- Drink coffee at Dinzler or Aran.
- Visit the herbstfest (Oktoberfest in Rosenheim) - information at the city website.
Eat and drink
- Beer Garden
- Flötzinger Löchl (Samer Street)
- Mailkeller (Roxyberg)
- Happinger Hof (in the south, close to the lakes)
- Vetternwirtschaft (pretty 'alternative', Äussere Münchner Street)
- Astabiergarten (Hubertus Street)
- Dinzler (Inn Street & Kunstmühle)
- Aran (Max-Josefs-Platz & Grüner Markt)
- Stadtcafe (close to Salingarten)
- Café Weth (the oldest cafe in Rosenheim, Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Weinhaus Zum Santa (Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Johann Auer (Grüner Markt)
- Auer Löchl (Kaiserstraße)
- Flötzinger Löchl (Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Ludwigshof (Grüner Markt)
- Fischküche (fish dishes, Gillitzer Street)
- L'Osteria (Hofbräu Building)
- Giornale (Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Pastavino (Salin Street)
- La Grappa (Roxyberg)
- Mikado (Max-Josefs-Platz)
- Hong Long (Central Bus Station - City Center)
- MaiTai (Hubertus Street)
- Mc Donalds (Bahnhof Street)
- Subway (Bahnhof Street)
- Burger King (Münchner Street)
- Nordsee (fish Münchner Street)
- Maharadscha (Salinplatz)
- Coffee: Dinzler (Innstraße and Kunstmühle), Aran (Max-Josefs-Platz and Gruener Markt)
- Alcohol: Rizz (Hofbraeukomplex), Enchilada (Muenchnerstraße), Asta-Kneipe (Hubertusstr.)
phone: +49 8031 67484address: Am Wasen 72
phone: +49 8031 3580address: Kufsteiner Str. 2
address: Brixstr. 3
phone: +49 8031 2607-0address: Zellerhornstraße 16