Saharan TunisiaTunisia which consists mostly of desert.
- (دوز , Dūz)
- – Tunisia's centre of Sufism with many desert villages nearby
- (تطاوين ; Berber: Tiṭṭawin) – Lent its name to Luke Skywalker's home planet in Star Wars. Several of the locations are popular destinations.
- (توزر , Tozir; Berber: ⵜⵓⵣⴻⵔ , Tuzer) – gateway to several Saharan oasis villages
- – a large Saharan National Park with impressive dunes and rock formations
- (متلوي , Mitlawī) — get aboard the restored Red Lizard vintage train snaking through scenic gorges and hills
- (سبيطلة , Sbaytlā) — a fairly well preserved Roman town
- – the largest salt lake of Sahara, varies in size depending on season.
The region consists of the governorates Gafsa, Kairouan, Kasserine, Kebili, Kef, Tataouine and Tozeur.
Gafsa Ksar International Airport
- Tozeur-Nefta, Tozeur–Nefta International Airport Aéroport International de Tozeur–Nefta TOE