SežanaSežana is a city and municipality in the Coast and Karst region of Slovenia. It has a population of 12,470. Sežana is the capital of the subregion Kras-Brkini and the headquarter of the Administrative Unit.
- Sežana Tourist Information Centre, Partizanska cesta 63, 6210 Sežana. Tel:+386 5 73 10 128.
By trainThere used to be a train connection with Trieste, but it has been cancelled. If travelling from Trieste or elsewhere in Italy it is best to take a bus from Trieste to Sezana (about 20 minutes, €2).
By carSežana is on the main A3 highway between Ljubljana and Italian border crossing (Fernetiči - Fernetti) and it's located near the border.
The Lipica stud farm (the white lipizzaner horses) is about 6 km from the town center and railway station. There is no regular public transport. You can call a taxi, which costs €10.
- Taxi Tirič, Sežana, cell: +386 41 62 13 47
- Taxi Kras, Sežana, cell: +386 40 23 34 90
- Škocjanske jame
- Botanic park Sežana
There are many restaurants, pizzas and fast foods in the city.
Hotel Tabor Restaurantphone: +386 5 7341817address: Kolodvorska ulica 4
Gril Ekspresaddress: Kosovelova ulica 1b
Pizzeria & Spagheteria Cavallinophone: +386 5 734 15 50address: Partizanska cesta 25
You will find many bars in all the city area.
Sedmi element barphone: +386 70 703688address: Partizanska cesta 7
Bar Clinton Sežanaphone: +386 5 7301 610address: Partizanska cesta 37a
Bar Krog Sežanaaddress: Partizanska cesta 71 e
There are many hotels in the city.
Garni hotel Rotarphone: +386 5 730 27 00address: Lipiška 25 directions=
phone: +386 5 738 06 00address: Partizanska cesta 117
Hotel Grahorphone: +386 5 731 20 61address: Dane pri Sežani 9 a
phone: +386 5 7391 580address: Lipica 5
phone: +386 5 731 44 44address: Partizanska cesta 149Hotel and Casino near the Italian border and the highway A3.
phone: +386 5 7341551address: Kolodvorska ulica 4Hotel with three stars.
The following places are all a short ways away from Sežana
- Lipica, home of the Lipizzaner horses is about seven kilometers to the west (6 km)
- Postojna and its cave system is a short drive east on the A1 (35 km)
- The Slovenian coastal towns of Koper, Izola, Piran and Portorož are 50-60 minutes away by car heading west on the A1.
- Trieste (Italy) is barely 17 km away (30 minutes by train and bus) and with frequent buses to the Slovenian and Croatian coast and boats to small towns on the Italian, Slovenian and Croatian coast it may be a good base for exploring the area.