SiquijorVisayas lying some 22 km east of Southern Negros. While the coastline is mostly white sand beaches fronting the ocean full of tropical marine life, the interior is mountainous.
Tourist information center
The nearest reasonably large airport is in Dumaguete; it has no international flights but is well-connected to domestic destinations including all the main airports for international arrivals. The main air hub of the region, and until recently the only one with international flights, is Mactan-Cebu International Airport in Metro Cebu. Since mid-2018, the new Panglao airport in Bohol Province also handles international flights. From any of those, one generally reaches Siquijor by ferry.
Air Juan now has flights from Siquijor airport to/from Cebu.
There are frequent passenger ferries from Cebu City (Cebu Island), Dumaguete (Negros island), Tagbilaran (Bohol) and Plaridel (Mindanao):
- There are many ferries daily from Dumaguete to . ferries cost and are operated by "Delta shipping lines" and "GL shipping lines". There is also a slow car ferry that costs and takes 2 hours, operated by "Montenegro shipping lines".
- Fast ferry from Cebu City run by 'Oceanjet' takes 5 hours to reach Siquijor town, it makes interim stops in Dumaguete and Tagbilaran. Price from Cebu - , from Tagbilaran - (2016).
- Slow ferries from Plaridal and Tagbilaran dock at , both operated by "Lite Shipping lines". Ferry from Tagbilaran costs , takes 3 hours, leaves Tagbilaran on M W Sa at 8PM. in the opposite direction leaving Larena on Tu Th Su at 7PM (2016).
- There is a direct ferry from Larena port to Liloan port in Santander at the southern tip of Cebu Island. the ferry departs liloan Port going to Larena Port at 10am every day. Ticket costing . From Liloan port there are many buses going to Cebu City and some along the island's west coast to Moalboal.
There is a paved road running around the coast of the island.
- Hire a motorbike for per day (2016). Available at the port in Siquijor town, San Juan town and almost all resorts. However, resorts generally charge higher prices and very often require customers to return bikes before 6PM in order to force guests to have dinner at resort's own restaurant.
- Hire a tricycle. For instance, price from Siquijor town to San Juan town is , while a day tour of the island is (2016). If you arrive by boat in Siquijor Town, then on your left as you walk off the pier toward where the tricycles congregate there is a large sign showing prices for various journeys. Drivers may ask for more, but the sign gives you a fine tool for bargaining and a lower limit below which you know the drivers will not go.
- Jump on a jeepney; prices are very low, Siquijor town to San Juan - (2016). Although they run fairly rarely, mainly departing when full.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Churchphone: +63 35 344 2224address: Santa Fe StreetWith Siquijor Belltower right next to it.
Siquijor BeachSeveral white sand beach resorts dot the coastal areas.
Capilay Spring ParkA natural spring fed swimming pool in the centre of San Juan. A favourite with the locals at weekends.
San Juan BeachLots of beach resorts and great for snorkelling and scuba diving.
Lugnason FallsNice waterfall close to San Juan.
San Isidro Labrador ConventReputed to be the biggest and one of the oldest convents in the Philippines, the Spaniards started construction in 1887 and was completed in 1894. Declared as a historical landmark by the Philippine Historical Commission.
Cambugahay FallsImpressive 3-tiered waterfalls just outside Lazi. Great for swimming.
Century Old Balete TreeSupposedly enchanted old tree covered in hundreds of roots and vines.
Kagusuan BeachNoted for its picturesque seascape and rock formation, it is situated below a cliff and accessible by concrete staircase.
Our Lady of the Divine Providence churchaddress: Siquijor Circumferential Road
Salagdoong Beachaddress: 6 km northeast of MariaFavourite with the locals and great for swimming and snorkelling. There are also water slides and places to dive into the sea. On the way to the beach you'll be passing Salagdoong Forest Reserve, which a manmade forest with Molave trees.
Mt. Bandilaan National ParkIt hosts the highest peak in the island. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to the top of the mountain from the road. Path is not well maintained. On the way there are couple of Stations of the Cross
Buterfly Sanctuaryaddress: Just outside Cang-apa villageSign-posted from the main road.
Cantabon CaveTakes 1.5 hr to walk through and you need to register in the town before venturing inside. Local guide required (they hang around the cave) as the cave is locked up.
- Visit Bolo Bolo healing ritual, Shamans and witches
There is really good diving around the island, especially the southern end. Dive shops on the island also make trips all the way to the Apo Island (excellent) and Baligasac.
Siquijor Dive Safariphone: +63 35 481-5089address: Tubod, San Juan
Aberration Dive Clubphone: +63 35 377-2368address: North Poblacion LarenaOffers filled scuba tanks ( each) for certified divers and easy diving without dive center connections.
phone: +63 917 6952985address: Lala-o, San Juan
Malls & supermarkets
address: Larena town
Banks & ATMs
- PNB bank ATM in Larena (but only Visa cards are accepted).
- Metro Bank ATM in Siquijor town, on the main road. (It accepts MasterCard and Visa).
- Rastaman Grill and Seafood. In the center of San Juan. Chicken, pork, seafood and vegetarian dishes. European and Philippino style, price low to midrange but great taste. Friendly staff and some nights have live music.
Sakura RestaurantIn the center of town. They have a variety of dishes. and up. Great chicken curry and soups.
Villa Marmarine3 km north of Siquijor going towards Larena. Good food, maybe the best on the island.
CrosspointIn center of town in Larena.
Al Capone's Pizzeriaphone: +63 34 42260address: Marjunnix BuildingGreat pizza using 100% imported meats and cheeses. Awesome sandwiches on French baguettes.
phone: +63 916 212-3130address: Cangmunag2 restaurants; main restaurant touts international cuisine next to the "Infinity" swimming pool and lounge area around the pool.
phone: +63 35 377-2368address: North Poblacion LarenaInternational restaurant, very clean and always well stocked. Imported and local drinks. Sports bar with 32-inch cable TV. Alternate room reservations at local rate. Domestic flight bookings. Aberration Dive Club. Free Wi-Fi Internet DSL-Connection
Swiss Sternewaddress: Siquijor Towntwo Pizzas for .
address: Siquijor circumferential Road Siquijor townair condition restaurant. breakfast till 10.30am.
phone: +63 35 424-0534address: Sandugan BeachLocated in the quiet northern tip of the island. Cottages with kitchen and rooms available. Daily scuba diving (including PADI courses) and massage available. Friendly staff. Nice restaurant at the beach with meals costing . Wi-Fi.
address: Sandugan BeachSeven simple bungalows with patios, some of the rooms come with small kitchenette, all equipped with fridges, private bathrooms, fans or a/c. Hotel has a restaurant, bike rental. And its main pro is a beach location overlooking a strait between Siquijor and Negros islands, however, on the other hand it's very isolated and perhaps can appeal mostly to the those looking for more secluded options.
C Zars Placephone: +63 35 481 5012address: Just outside San Juan. The other side of the road from the beach
JJ Backpackers Villagephone: +63 9186700310address: San Juan beachRestaurant with good food. Cottage rooms with queen-sized beds and outside bathrooms. All rooms have fans.
Das Traum Guest Housephone: +63 9183479545address: Pangi Siquijor TownDouble fan rooms, some with and some without en suite bathrooms. Cable TV. Nice Garden. Good budget place to stay.
Buhisan lodgephone: +63 9053762920address: PoblacionOrdinary room with fan.
North Haven lodgephone: +63 35-3772099address: north Poblacion, LarenaFan double room with outside bathrooms.
Angels little backpackersphone: +63 915 255 0211address: Siquijor Circumferential Road, LarenaFan dorm 4 beds per room. Fan single/double room. Only 3 rooms.
phone: +63 9179106995address: km 64.4 Solangon
phone: +63 907 132 6666address: km 60.8. Tubod San Juan
Chell's Guesthousephone: +63 949 453 7018address: Siquijor Circumferential Road, San Juan
phone: +639266449526address: Tubod , San Juan
Mobile coverage is limited to larger towns and villages where a full 3G signal can be acquired. And it's patchy or nonexistant in remote/sparsely populated areas (2016).
- Generika Drug Store. National Highway Corner Caridad Street Siquijor town. lower prices.