The climate of Songdo is very similar to that of nearby Seoul. Songdo is close to the Yellow Sea (locally called the West Sea), so its weather is affected by the sea's climate. Below is climate chart of Songdo.
By planeSongdo is connected to the Incheon International Airport by a 7.4 mile long highway bridge (20 minutes drive).
A subway line connecting Seoul to Songdo is under construction. On June 1, 2009, the line of Incheon Urban Railway Line 1 was opened, and six stations were established: Campus Town Station, Techno Park Station, BIT Zone Station, Incheon University Station, Central Park Station, and Int'l Business District Station.
By taxiIf you are in Incheon, you can call a taxi at 1577-5588. However, some drivers are not fluent in English, and if you prefer not to call, if you have a Kakao account, you can also use this application. By selecting requested points of departure and arrival on the map, you enable a driver to contact you, and they will use the app's navigation system to get you to your destination. Fares start at 3800 won and increase by distance and time.
By subwayThere is one line that connects Songdo with other cities. The subway system shuts down around 12:00 am, and opens again around 5:30 am. This is the average time of each of endpoint.
Int'l Business District Station(국제업무지구)address: Songdo 2(i)-dong, Incheon
Central Park Station(센트럴파크)address: Songdo 2(i)-dong, Incheon
Incheon University Station(인천대입구)address: Songdo-dong, Incheon
BIT Zone Station(지식정보단지)address: Songdo 1(il)-dong, Incheon
Techno Park Station(테크노파크)address: Songdo 1(il)-dong, Incheon
Campus Town Station(캠퍼스타운)address: Songdo 1(il)-dong, Incheon
phone: +82 32-210-1114address: Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo-dong, Central-ro, 123 컨벤시아Located in the end of the Central park also, it is next to Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotel. it is to hold international conferences, trade shows and meetings and fairs with about 20 international organizations.
G-towerG tower is a 33-story public building that houses the GCF's main secretariat and several other international organizations. This place is also famous for its observatory.
OceanscopeOceanscope is three container-type structures are installed towards the Yellow Sea and are suitable for viewing the sunset and Incheon Bridge.
Songdo WaterfrontSongdo Waterfront is a project that develops tourism, leisure, and urban infrastructure functions using natural marine resources. Resources are raised through the sale of land in Songdo, the main funding channel for the development of Songdo International City.
phone: +82 32-453-7975address: Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, IncheonNew Songdo National Ecotarium located in the Central Park is to be one of the most modern and innovative in the world.
Songdo Central ParkSongdo Central Park comprises over 10% of the total acreage and has a seawater canal powered by wind turbines. Water taxi can take you on a cruise or transport you to the Government Center located at one end of the park.
- Hyundai premium outlet in Songdo branch,
- Incheon city tour.(Harbor, City, Ocean lines),Double-decker buses guide Incheon depart at Songdo. with low-price tickets, it can be used all day long( not all are double-decker buses). Every monday is closed. Incheon city tour also provide different types of tour.
- Harbor line: From Songdo to Wolmi port. 100-year old historical port and travelling a high-tech international city.
- City line: from Songdo to Guwol, many market places are located.
- Ocean line: from Songdo to Yeongjong, island, where the skyway of Korea connected to Songdo.
Eat & Drink
Downtown is one of the main areas for food and drink. Songdo Downtown is a small area of the city located in the blocks surrounding the Coast Guard Building(해양경찰청). Here is a list of several famous places where visitors can go for their meals:
- Bornga (본가), Downtown. A Korean BBQ restaurant famous for its beef BBQ and the huge platter of vegetables that comes with it. They also serve the traditional pork BBQ known as samgyopsal. Try also the restaurant's other specialty, cha-dol jigae, a spicy fermented bean stew.
- The ThreeFish (나무물고기), Downtown. A newly-opened western-style bar/cafe with many cocktails, beers and house wine. They also serve nice bar food such as chili-nachos, fries and chicken.
- Cafe Chosun (카페 조선), Downtown. A Korean BBQ restaurant serving samgyeopsal and seafood on a large stone grill. Delicious scallops and prawns.
- Triple Streets, Downtown. A complex shopping mall where you can find various kinds of restaurants and stores.
Playground Brewery Taproom Songdoaddress: Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, 컨벤시아대로 80, 현대 힐스테이트 401동 139호
phone: +82 32-832-0314address: Songdodong 22-22, Prugio Worldmark 802 2nd floor #201, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
phone: +82 32-233-3269address: Korong The Prau, 1 danji, 102 dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
Red moonphone: +82 32-822-2282address: Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo-dong, 과학로27번길 55 롯데캐슬캠퍼스타운 302동 제D-101,102호
Songdo Central Park Hotelphone: +82 32-310-5000address: 193 Technopark-ro, Songdo 2(i)-dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
Holiday Inn Incheon Songdophone: +82 032-250-0000address: 251 Incheon Tower-daero, Songdo 2(i)-dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
Hotel Skypark Incheon Songdophone: +82 32-717-0700address: 10-2 Yeosu-gu, Incheon
Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotelphone: +82 32-835-1000address: Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo 1(il)-dong, 153 Convensia-road
Gyeongwonjae Ambassador Incheonphone: +82 32-729-1101address: 200 Technopark Ro, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
Orakai Songdo Park Hotelphone: +82 32-210-7000address: 151 Technopark-ro, Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
phone: +82 32-726-2000address: KR, 165 Convensia-daero, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
The november loungephone: +82 32-833-1984address: Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo-dong, Art center-daero, 107 Canal walk D3 302-140
The november stay in Canal walkphone: +82 32-817-1988address: Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo-dong, Art center-daero, 107 Canal Walk 302-140
Canal Walk Apart hotelphone: +82 32-834-1983address: Canal Walk Autumn, #140, Bldg.302, Incheonbusiness hotel
- International airport is connected from Incheon bridge.