Southern MozambiqueMozambique's capital city Maputo, and the provinces of Gaza, Inhambane, and Maputo.
- - the capital and largest city of the country
- - a quaint historical town on a bay, opposite Maxixe
- - a coastal beach town, with access to Vilanculos
- - an industrial city of nearly half million people and the capital of Maputo Province
- - a bustling city on a bay, opposite Inhambane city and the capital of the Inhambane Province
- - a remote town in the far south of the country, more easily accessed from South Africa than from Maputo
- - one of the most popular spots in the country with lots of food and accommodation and some of the best scuba diving in Africa
- - another popular vacation spot with good beaches and the gateway to excellent islands and scuba diving in the nearby Bazaruto Archipelago
- - capital of the Gaza Province, and well-known for its beach, Praia de Xai-Xai
- - one of the most beautiful spots on the continent with great diving and some upmarket resorts on deserted islands
- Maputo Special Reserve - formerly known as the Maputo Elephant Reserve, the animals in this Reserve a growing rapidly and is becoming a popular day trip from Maputo, or a good stopover place on the way to Ponta D'Ouro
Maputo airport (MPM)
Beaches are famed for their diving - in the south Ponto do Ouro is the most popular. It is also a good place to go swimming with dolphins. There is also Bilene north of Maputo, and further on Chidenguele. Quissico has some of the most incredible beach views you will see in Mozambique.
Safaris can be taken into the Maputo Special Reserve (formerly the Maputo Elephant Reserve) or up into Limpopo National Park. Neither of these reserves has the number of animals as across the border in South Africa, but they offer a raw African safari experience.