Southwestern AlaskaAlaska, including the Aleutian Islands and the mainland which forms the "chin" of Alaska.
- - where Sarah Palin and her husband work on their fishing business.
- - terminus of the Yukon River, which is used to transport goods.
- Alagnak Wild River - Meandering west towards Bristol Bay and the Bering Sea, the Alagnak traverses the beautiful Alaska Peninsula, providing an unparalleled opportunity to experience the unique wilderness, wildlife, and cultural heritage of southwest Alaska
- Aleutian World War II National Historic Area - concrete remains of the Aleutian World War II National Historic Area speak silently of a time of war
- Aniakchak National Monument & Preserve - vibrant reminder of Alaska's location in the volcanically active Ring of Fire
- - created to preserve the famed Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes, a spectacular forty square mile, 100 to 700 foot deep ash flow deposited by Novarupta Volcano
- - spectacular scenery providing a true wilderness experience
By boatThe Alaska Marine Highway is an option
By planeKodiak Benny Benson State Airport (ADQ)
This area is great for viewing wildlife, rafting, camping, hiking & flightseeing.