- Frankfurt Airport - The nearest intercontinental airport.
- Stuttgart - for European 'EU-domestic' flights.
- Nürnberg - for European 'EU-domestic' flights.
- Tauberbischofsheim is located to autobahn A 81, which runs from Würzburg, via Tauberbischofsheim and Heilbronn to Stuttgart. With an exit Tauberbischofsheim.
- If you prefer scenery over velocity, you should take the Romantic Road (Romantische Straße) into town.
- The town is served by trains. There is an connection from Tauberbischofsheim over Lauda to Würzburg. Also from Tauberbischofsheim over Lauda via Heilbronn to Stuttgart. Or from Tauberbischofsheim over Lauda to Heidelberg and Mannheim.
By footWalking will get you from one end of town to the other in about 15 min.
By carGoing by car is unnecessary in most cases.
By bicycleIn the spring and summer, biking is also highly recommended. There are a lot of bike lanes and special bike roads with no cars.
From Rothenburg ob der Tauber you can start a popular bicycle tour by the "Lovely Tauber valley" (also "Charming Tauber valley"), about Weikersheim, Bad Mergentheim, Lauda and Tauberbischofsheim, till you reach just 100 km removed Wertheim. Recommended daily stages of the route "Charming Tauber Valley":
- 1st day's stage - Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Weikersheim
- 2nd day's stage - Weikersheim via Bad Mergentheim to Tauberbischofsheim
- 3rd day's stage - Tauberbischofsheim to Wertheim
Historical buildingsIn the old town, which was formerly surrounded by a wall, there are many historical buildings.
Tauberbischofsheim Castledates back to second half of the 13th century.
Marketplace Tauberbischofsheimis encircled by Half-Timbered houses and the Neo-Gothic town hall.
Parish church of St. Martinwas completed in 1914 after its predecessor burnt down. The Neo-Gothic church contains works of art from many past churches including an altar from the Ulmer workshop of Niklaus Weckmann the Elder with panel paintings by Hans Schäufelein, a Madonna by Hans Multscher and a copy of the Tauberbischofsheim altarpiece by Matthias Grünewald.
Peterskapellethe oldest church in the city is the Peterskapelle, built in the 12th century.
Fencing-Club Tauberbischofsheimthe most successful fencing club in the world, based on its medal successes in international sporting events. The FC Tauberbischofsheim is based in the Olympic team's training camp Tauberbischofsheim for the sport of Fencing.
- Wertheim Village Outlet in Wertheim (in about 25 km)
phone: +49 9341 9440address: Bahnhofstraße 18 97941 Tauberbischofsheim
phone: +49 9341 9880address: Hauptstraße 70 97941 TauberbischofsheimThe oldest hotel in Tauberbischofsheim. Near Sonnenplatz (sun place) in Tauberbischofsheim.
phone: +49 9341 84950address: Stammbergweg 1 97941 Tauberbischofsheim
phone: +49 9341 92130address: Goethestraße 10 97941 Tauberbischofsheim