TaunusTaunus is a low mountain range in South Hesse, Middle Hesse and the Rhineland-Palatinate in southern Germany.
It is a relatively low range, with smooth, rounded mountains that are covered with forest. The Taunus is bounded by the river valleys of the Rhine, Main and Lahn rivers and it is part of the Rhenish Slate Mountains. On the opposite side of the Middle Rhine Valley, The Taunus range is continued by the Hunsrück.
- Hoher Taunus – the highest peak is the Großer Feldberg (878 m). It is followed by the Kleiner Feldberg (826 m) and the Altkönig (798 m).
- Westlicher Hintertaunus – Rheingau-Taunus and Rhein-Lahn-Taunus
- Östlicher Hintertaunus
- Limburger Becken
- The next ICE stations are: Limburg-Süd, Frankfurt and Wiesbaden.
- Regional trains: Limburg – Niedernhausen – Frankfurt, Niedernhausen – Wiesbaden, Königstein – Frankfurt, Brandoberndorf – Bad Homburg ( – Frankfurt).
- S-Bahn S2: Niedernhausen – Frankfurt, S4: Kronberg – Frankfurt Süd, S5: Friedrichsdorf – Bad Homburg – Frankfurt Süd.
- Roman Fort Saalburg, in Bad Homburg
- Opel Zoo , Königstein, near Oberursel
- Kubacher Kristallhöhle near Weilburg
- Niederwalddenkmal in Rüdesheim
- Neroberg upper Wiesbaden
- Rheinsteig from Wiesbaden Schloss Biebrich to Bonn
- The German Limes Road northern section runs through the Taunus-