Tegal is a city on the north coast of Central Java, near the border with West Java.
By carTegal is on the North Coast Route trunk road (Jalur Pantura). From the west, a tolled motorway connects Jakarta, , and Cirebon, , with Tegal. The toll ends at Tegal's western outskirts. To the east, the trunk road continues to the provincial capital Semarang, .
Tegal railway stationThe station serves about 15 trains per day from Jakarta, and a similar number from Semarang (many of them originating in East Java). There are also three trains a day from Purwokerto, and one from Bandung (via Cikampek).
Pantai Alam Indah
Guci (Pemandian Air Panas).
- Pacific Mall
- Rita Supermall
- Transmart Tegal
Sate Batibul Bang Awiphone: +62 283 344-8049address: Jl Raya Ujung Rusi 11, AdiwernaThis is goat satay made from kids under three months old (the name batibul is from di bawah tiga bulan = below three months), a speciality of Tegal.
- Nasi Lengko (Lengko Rice)
- Sate Gombyang (Gombyang Satay)
- Tahu Aci(Fried flour-filled tofu)
- Tahu Pletok (Fried flour-filled tofu)
- Sate Loso (Buffalo Satay)
- Sauto is soto, the widely available clear broth soup, but with the addition of fermented soybeans (tauco) giving a delicious umami hit. Widely available.
- Nasi Bogana
- Swike (Frogs' legs)
- Pepes Telor Kodok
phone: +62 283 343399address: Jl Dr. Wahidin Sudirohusodo No.1
phone: +62 283 325000address: Jl Brigjen Katamso No.31
- Cirebon — the 'city of shrimps', a city about to the west.