Tisbury is a town on the island of Martha's Vineyard located in Massachusetts, USA. Tisbury includes the village of Vineyard Haven which is the island's year-round ferry port. One can find numerous activities, fine dining, and great places to stay on the island. Tisbury is located on the north side of the island, closest to Woods Hole, Cape Cod.
By ferryThere are many ferry services that will get you to the island of Martha's Vineyard. The biggest one is the MV and Nantucket Steamship Authority which leaves from Woods Hole in Cape Cod 1-508-693-9130 or One can also use Hyline Cruises which departs from Hyannis in the cape.
- Patriot Party Boats, . Offers a low, one way rate to Martha's Vineyard between Falmouth and Oak Bluffs.
- Island Queen, is another ferry service offered in Cape Cod Falmouth.
- The MV Quickwater is another ferry that leaves from the Fishing Pier in Falmouth.
By planeOne could even use Cape Air to get there by plane. It has daily flights departing from Hyannis and Boston.
By busTisbury is a part of Martha's Vineyard Transit Authority providing buses to other towns on the island during the tourist months.
By taxiThere are taxi services located on the island.
- Accurate Cab, +1 508-627-9798, +1-888-557-9798.
- Adamcab, +1 508-627-4462, +1-800-281-4462.
- All Island Taxi, +1 508-693-2929, +1-800-693-TAXI.
- Atlantic Cab, +1 508-693-7110, toll-free, +1-877-477-8294.
- Bluefish Taxi, +1 508-627-7373.
- Jon's Taxi, +1 508-627-4677, +1 508-627-5298.
- Mario's Taxi, +1 508-693-8399, +1-877-627-6972, +1 508-645-2377.
- Marlene's Taxi, +1 508-693-0037, +1-800-281-TAXI.
- Martha's Vineyard Taxi Company +1 508-693-8660, +1 877-454-5900.
- Patti's Taxi, +1 508-693-1663.
- Stagecoach Taxi, +1 508-693-9632, +1-800-299-5411.
- Tisbury Taxi, +1 508-693-7660, +1-800-597-2362
- Your Taxi, +1 508-693-0003, +1-800-396-0003.
By rental car
- A-A Island Auto Rental, Five Corners, +1 508-696-5300.
- Chicama Vineyards, +1 508-693-0309/+1-888-244-2262. Stoney Hill Road: free tours of the winery are offered from May-Oct: 11AM-5PM M-Sa; 1PM-5PM Su. Wines can be sampled in the tasting rooms. Wines and specialty foods are offered for sale year around, including holiday wine and food baskets.
- Martha's Vineyard Glassworks, in West Tisbury, +1 508-693-6026. Produces and sells a unique variety of fine quality hand-blown glass while featuring internationally removed artists in the gallery. The public is invited to watch a master craftsmen create beautiful objects in glass.
- Long Point Wildlife Refuge Beach, in West Tisbury. 9AM-5PM daily. Nature trails that lead up from shore through the forest and grassland. The admission fee for adults is $3; children get in free. Parking costs $9 per car.
Owen Parkphone: +1 508 696-4220address: Owen Park WayThe water and waves there are calm and the beach is mostly sand with pebbles closer to tide. Here you can watch the yachts, sailboats, and historic ships travel in and out of the Harbor, while your kids play on the small provided playground. On alternating Sundays, the Gazebo in Owen Park hosts the Vineyard Haven concerts for local bands to show off their talent. There are also public bathrooms here.
- West Chop Lighthouse. Constructed in the late 1800s. The light is located in historic Tisbury. Unfortunately, the grounds are privately owned and are not open to the public. However, the tower and light may be seen from the road.
address: 320 Golf Club RdNine holes, semi-private non-members can make tee times two days in advance.
- Seastone Papers in West Tisbury. P.O. Box 331, West Tisbury,
- Nobska Charters, P.O. Box 1451 West Tisbury, MA-508-642-0363. Rent sailboats, or visit the Black Dog Tavern and charter a sunset cocktail cruise.
Martha's Bike RentalsAt Five Corners. A great way to get around to the shops and beaches is by bike.
Island Cove Miniature Golfphone: +1 508 693-2611address: 386 State RdAn activity for all ages. Kids especially enjoy the water-themed course consisting of frog ponds and waterfalls as well as their 24 foot climbing wall.
phone: +1 508 696-9369address: Main Street TheatresFour days filled with the best feature and short films from top-notch festivals such as Sundance, Berlin and Cannes (with a few undiscovered gems thrown in!), great evening events, provocative forums and live world music - all within the ‘Walking Festival District’. And don’t forget – Martha’s Vineyard has some of the most beautiful beaches in America.
The recurring theme of the annual Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival is "Other Places"; the festival's purpose is to encourage attendees to think broadly (about how huge the world of film is) and deeply (about the universal concerns and desires that unite all people). About 90% of all film selections are non-US productions, helping to fulfill the festival mission of promoting cross-cultural understanding through film.
The International Film Festival is produced by the Martha's Vineyard Film Society, a 501 c3 non-profit corporation. Our festival is completely run by volunteers and greatly appreciates your support.
FishingFish from the Vineyard Haven Jetty or Eastville Beach.
phone: +1 508-693-0291 or +1 508 951-5288Deep sea fishing.
Black Dog TavernWater Street. The simplistic black dog located on Black Dog merchandise has become iconic and is very popular. A merchandise store is attached to the Black Dog Tavern restaurant.
The Toy Boxphone: +1 508 693-8182address: 79 Beach RoadA good pit stop if you are interested in finding toys and trinkets to remind you of your day on the island. In this shop you will find outdoor toys, beach toys, educational toys, arts and craft supplies.
- C.W. Morgan Antiques, Beach Road, +1 508 693-3622.
Hellie's Closetaddress: 1 Center Street
Kennedy Studiosaddress: 66 Main StreetArt Gallery & Custom Framing.
Zackary's Corneraddress: 392 State StreetChildren's clothing.
LeRoux Clothingaddress: 71 Main Street
C.B. Stark Jewelersaddress: 26 Main Street
Bunch of Grapes Bookstore Inc.address: 44 Main StreetA specialty book store.
- Murdick's Fudge, Union Street and Main Street, +1 508 693-7344. A candy store with homemade fudge.
Art Cliff Dinerphone: +1 508 693-1224address: 39 Beach RdTake into consideration that you have to get here early (Around 8 AM, opens at 7) to avoid a long wait because it is small and crowded in season. Their pecan pancakes with real rum raisins, French toast (stuffed with almost anything you want), and the sweet potato crepes (all priced at $8-$10) are just a few of the locals' favorites, but the menu has a lot of options. Credit cards are accepted.
Bob's Pizza and Subsphone: +1 508 693-8266address: 22 Main StOffers breakfast, lunch, and dinner and not only serve pizza and subs but have a clam bar and outdoor seating.
Black Dog TavernBeach Street Ext. The famous one of t-shirt fame. Nobody wears it on the island. Main menu items are fresh fish and vegetables, each from local sources. You can bring your own wine or beer. Mon-Frim 7am-8pm; Sat-Sun 7am-9pm.
address: 90 Manaquayak RoadVineyard Haven. An elegant dining room that offers a relaxing and enjoyable way to spend an evening. 6PM-9PM daily in summer; hours vary during the spring and fall; open weekends in winter.
address: 96 Upper Main StVineyard Haven. Year-round. French cuisine served daily from 5:30PM-10PM.
Cafe Moxiephone: +1 508 693-1484address: 48 Main StTrendy cafe serves good cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. An island favorite.
- Cafe At The Tisbury Inn, Main Street, Vineyard Haven, +1 508 693-3416. Seafood, ribs, etc.
Changsaddress: 125 State RdVineyard Haven.
Golden Dragonaddress: 6 Water StChinese.
- Louis' Tisbury Cafe & Take-Out, State Rd., Vineyard Haven, +1 508 693-3255.
Stripersaddress: 26 Beach RdVineyard Haven. Brazilian, casual. Great location at the marina.
- Garia's Bakery & Deli, at Back Alley's, 1045 State Road.
Sweet E's Cupcakesaddress: Main StCupcakes.
Tisberry Frozen Yogurts and Smoothiesphone: +1 508 693-1145address: Cromwell LaneThey serve healthy, to-go treats. They have 33+ toppings (including fresh fruit) for their frozen yogurts and smoothies providing a variety to please customers of all ages.
Zephrus Zeafood and GrilleThey serve the Vineyard’s American Cuisine year round either indoors, outdoors, or even for take-out, whatever you prefer. Here you can taste their seasonal dishes or just go simple with a burger and a beer. ( 2 for 1 burgers on Tuesdays!)
address: 525 Edgartown-West Tisbury RdVineyard Haven. Open late April-early October.
address: 60 Beach RdVineyard Haven. On the harbor with private beach. Within walking distance to ferry terminals, restaurants and shops.
Harbor LandingBeach Road, Vineyard Haven. 39 units. Near ferry, shops, beach, etc.
address: 9 Main StVineyard Haven. Air Conditioned rooms and suites. Amenities includes free breakfast, access to Health Club and pool, fireplaces, balconies, DSL and Wifi, Cable TV, refrigerators, and convenience to local attractions.
phone: +1 508 696-0859address: 60 Mount Aldworth Road, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568Modern design, upscale Martha's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast. Contemporary interior design. 7 rooms. Located on 1.5 acres above Vineyard Haven harbor
address: Edgartown Road180 sites. 1.5 mi. (2.4 km) from the ferry terminal (with shuttle service).