TrelewWales in the greater Puerto Madryn area. It is an unremarkable mid-size city. There is not much for tourists here (see things to do below), but may be a convenient stopover.
The airport in Trelew is served by Aerolinas Argentina 2-3 times a day as a stop-over from flights going to / leaving from Buenos Aires to El Calafate and Ushuaia. Additionally, buses regularly arrive and depart the bus depot. It is roughly a 23 hour bus ride from Buenos Aires.
The city is served by an extensive local bus service which besides providing transportation around the city also provides service to nearby Rawson.
- Museo Paleontológico Egido Feruglio (al Mef): Museum with a fairly large collection of Patagonia dinosaur bones. Also serves as a research facility. Admission is $15 Ar for adults.
- The Museo Municipal de Artes Visuales is a fantastic little art gallery featuring local artists in the town square that is worth a short visit.
- The Museo Historico Regional Galles is an interesting, if random, collection of things detailing the city's Welsh history. It is located in the old train station: Sarmiento y 28 de julio.
- Dolphin and Whale watching: Trelew is a 15 minute taxi ride ($37 Ar) from the port city of Rawson where multiple companies provide dolphin and whale watching excursions.
- The Hotel Touring Club is a beautiful building, with a lovely café/bar with fantastic coffee. The rooms can be questionable, but satisfactory. The place has a high novelty factor overall. Avenida Fontana 240, Trelew - (0)2965 433 997.
- Frequent buses run to the Welsh towns Gaiman nearby. Tourists flock here for Welsh high tea and trinkets. The Parque El Desafío is a wonderful and fanciful place on the outskirts of Gaiman that can be best described as an open-air art gallery made with recycled things. There is a small entrance fee. Some pictures and information can be found at .