- at Traunsee in Salzkammergut.
- with a very lovely Baroque town
- , notorious as the birthplace of Adolf Hitler, but its historic old town has witnessed more than 750 year of history and has much more things to offer
- – a small village infamous for its peculiar name
- with Attersee and Traunsee.
Best arrival place is Linz as it is a transportation hub (car, train, airport).
It is easiest to travel around Mühlviertel by car.
Public buses called Postbus are available to get you from one village to another, prices are reasonable, but schedules can be infrequent.
- Schärding is located in the region of the Innviertel area close to the border with Bavaria, the Baroque town of Schärding is a truly extraordinary place. Its architecture is a mix of many styles and periods, the highlight probably being the Baroque “Silberzeile” row of houses, an astonishing ensemble of Baroque buildings . Rich market traders used to live there, lending its name to the place because they had pockets full of silver. The late-medieval colors of the old gates, the narrow and mysterious side streets – all this makes Schärding such a very special place indeed. In summer, it is mainly cyclists that flock to the town, while winter is a perfect time to enjoy the peace and quiet near the River Inn, with a beautiful river esplanade where you can relax and unwind. Or else you could take a beautiful, insightful walk through the old town center and try to imagine what life in the Middle Ages must have been like.
- Lake Wolfgang (Wolfgangsee) is considered to be the most scenic lake in the Salzkammergut, framed by true mountain personalities. 13.5 km² large and up to 114m deep, Lake Wolfgang has a catchment area of more than 125km². Together with the Mondsee lake, it is the warmest bathing lake in the Salzkammergut (up to 26°C) and freezes shut in front of St. Wolfgang during the cold winter. It really is an experience to glide over the wide ice surface of the lake on skates.
- The Mühlviertel is north of the river Danube. It is a very hilly area and is well known for agriculture, it is very rural and there is no industry.
Aquapulco Adventure Water ParkFive fantastic waterslides, a pool with wave machine, flow channels and an own mini water world.
address: Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut, Upper AustriaRide a metre-gauge, steam-operated cog railway that began service in 1893.
- If you like to try different meats and a hearty farmer's meal try Bauernschmaus.