Buses run frequently from the train station in Pesaro (apx. 45min ride)
By carDistances to/from Urbino: Rome 270 km, Rimini 60 km, Ancona 100 km, Arezzo 110 km. There is a large parking lot at Borgo Mercantile, tel. +39 0722 2196
Oratorio di S.Gaetano
Oratorio di S.Andrea Avellino
Chiesa delle Torre
Oratorio della Visitazione
Oratorio della Morte
Oratorio della Grotta
Oratorio delle Cinque Piaghe
S.Francesco di Paola
Oratorio di S.Giovanni
Oratorio di S.Giuseppe
Ex Convento del Carmelitani Scalzi
Chiesa dei Capuccini
Ex Convento di Sant'Agostino
Monasterio delle Suore Agostiniane
Ex Monasterio di Santa Chiara
Oratorio di S.Croce
National Gallery of the Marche
Museum of the Diocese "Albani"
Palazzo Mauruzi della Stacuola
Palazzo della Capella Musicale del SS.Sacramento
Palazzo del Legato Albani
Palazzo del Collegio Raffaelo
Palazzo del Nuovo Magisterio
Sip a cappuccino in the Piazza della Republica, at the center of town.
Visit the town museum, which is free and open on weekdays. The Duke's palace is also open to visitors and costs four Euro. It is filled with medieval paintings and statues, but all descriptions are in Italian. Don't miss the basement servant quarters and remember to bring a sweater because it is kept very cold.
The bosom Pub is a hot spot for students and often has drink specials. It is especially busy Thursday nights. They play a mixture of Italian and American music.
Every Saturday there is a market where you can find just about anythings for a decently low price. This includes clothing,shoes,bedding,fruits,vegetables,seafood and meat. There is also an antique market the first Sunday of every month all other Sundays almost all shops will be closed. All shops are also closed daily between 2-4
Urbino is also well known for its Italian language schools and several prestigious universities.
- Centro Studi Italiani Italian language school and Italian culture courses for international students. School of italian for foreigners that offers language courses and opera singers courses. The courses are known and acknowledged by foreign universities.
Opposite the Duomo, go to the Piquero Pub to have a drink with local students. Situated in a cellar, it always provides great atmosphere.
Crescias are an Urbino specialty. try one with Prosciutto Crudo and formaggio.
phone: +39 0722 4447address: via dei Vasari 3/5
phone: +39 0722 320228address: via Santa Margherita, 1
phone: +39 0722 329894address: via Battisti, 5
- Agriturismo Bellavista, Via Sant'Egidio, 25, Urbino (PU) close to village Torre, Tel: 0722.340172 Fax: 0722.340172, double bedroom 45 Euro
Bed and Breakfast Urbino Oasi della Pacephone: +39 0722 330616address: Via Ca' Pandolfo 30Between the sea and the mountains, we also find a "hill" situated in the Metauro Valley between Fermignano and Urbania, on the hillside to the right near to the village of San Silvestro. As well as running a farming concern, I also offer bed and breakfast accommodation in a quiet and relaxing setting, inside our new and extremely comfortable family home. The position is perfect for reaching both the Adriatic sea, with Fano, Pesaro and Rimini only 40 minutes' drive away, and the heart of the Apennines in the Marches region (Carpegna, Mount Nerone and Mount Catria) - also a 40-minute drive away. There are also many areas of artistic and cultural interest nearby (Urbania, Urbino, San Marino, San Leo, Gubbio, etc.).
address: via Cà Andreana 2, Gadana
phone: +39 0722 2701address: corso Garibaldi 38
phone: +39 0722 4896address: via Santa Margerita 40
phone: +39 722 322309address: via Bernini 6
phone: +39 722 2626address: piazza Rinascimento
- Tourist Information, Borgo Mercantile, tel +39 0722 2631
- Municipal Police, Via Gagarin 4, tel. +39 0722 309300
- Carabinieri, Via S:Provinciale feltresca, 9, tel. +39 0722 378900
- Polizia Stradale, Via Sasso, 78, tel. +39 0722 350592
- Fire brigade (Vigili del Fueco), Via G. da Montefeltro, tel. +39 0722 4828
- Hospital (Ospdeale civile), Via B.da Miontefeltro, tel. +39 0722 3011
- First Aid (Pronto Soccorso), tel. +39 0722 301272
- Post office. Via BRamante 28, tel. +39 0722 37791
- Italian Automobile Club (A.C.I. - Automobile Club Italiano), Via Sasso, 55. tel. +39 0722 320568