Victoria (Seychelles)Seychelles islands, located on the island of Mahe.
Seychelles International AirportThis is the hub for Air Seychelles. Air Seychelles flies to Bangkok, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Johannesburg, Rome, Milan and Port Louis using Boeing 767s and Airbus A330 aircraft. International service is also available from Nairobi (Kenya Airways), Dubai (Emirates), Abu Dhabi (Etihad Airways), La Réunion (Air Austral) and Doha (Qatar Airways), along with regular charter services from Frankfurt (Condor) and Amsterdam (Martinair).
By busThese buses cater to the locals and are fairly cheap. Buses are sometimes irregular and may come to a stop less often than in other cities, so don't be surprised to wait for a while.
By taxisThe taxis are metered and will often offer to be your tour guide around the Island. Negotiate a price beforehand.
By bikeThe most popular alternative among locals. Bikes can be rented for cheap at some shops in the city.
- The Natural History Museum features many displays of the natural wildlife of the Seychelles.
Attractions in the city include a clocktower modelled on that of Vauxhall Clock Tower in London, England, the Courthouse, the Victoria Botanical Gardens and the Sir Selwyn Selwyn-Clarke Market. The city is also home to the national stadium and a polytechnic institute, while the inner harbour lies immediately east of the town, around which tuna fishing and canning form a major local industry. One of the largest bridges in Victoria was destroyed in the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.
- Visit the morning market where residents buy and bargain for fresh fish, fruits and vegetables.
Barcays Bank.address: Independence ave.master card / visa card ATM
STC Supermarketaddress: Albert street.
- Islander Restaurant/Anchor Café is Anse a’ La Mouche. Owned by an American, and his family. He is former USAF who worked in Seychelles . Excellent food, great location. (closed on Sundays)
- Marie Antoinette in St. Louis . Family style, you eat what they give you, generally it is about 5 different items. If you go with two people, order for one, if you have three, order for two and if you have five order for three. They give you A LOT of food, genuine Creole. Mon-Sat 1830-2100.
- Boat House in Beau Vallon. Creole Buffet, they open at 0730, get there early, once it’s gone, it’s gone.
- Lovenut Nightclub, in the center of Victoria. Great atmosphere where you can nicely mix with locals. So far club has best light and sound in the country. Big plus - a taxi station just few steps away, so to get home or to your hotel is not a problem even you have few drinks. Cosy design and VIP area always attract party lovers and club is always crowded. Here you can meet some celebrities, models and sometimes not-so-quiet type businessmen. Generally admission is around 75-100SR. Open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Dress code enforced: men should wear trousers and covered shoes.
- Tequila Boom newly renovated about 20 min west from Victoria .
- Katiolo Club. No credit cards accepted. (Strict dress code. men: no sleeveless shirts, trousers and covered shoes) It is about 30 min south from Victoria .
Sunrise Small Hotel16 rooms. Located less than one kilometre south of the Clock Tower, adjacent to the Botanical Garden.
phone: +248 241 157address: Ma Constance
Casuarina Beach HotelSafe and clean rooms.
phone: +248 4 673 000