VilamouraVilamoura is an area, not strictly a town, in the Algarve on Portugal's south coast. It is in the Loulé municipality boundaries, close to the cities of Quarteira (over developed),Loulé and Albufeira. Vilamoura is the biggest touristic complex in Europe. It has a Marina, a Golf Academy, 6 Golf Courses, a casino, several Clubs, a tennis club, a diving club, other leisure facilities, a big beach and several 4 and 5 stars hotels.
This harmonious development is the image of Vilamoura for the new millennium. In here the days are unforgettable, whether you spend it in a sailing boat, in a golf course, walking on the beach or even experiencing the adrenaline of bungee jumping. The evenings are full of vitality, to a perfect ending of a perfect day.
Note:some areas are private/excluded.
The Algarve's main airport is Faro Airport FAO, in Faro about 10 miles from Vilamoura. There is a taxi service outside the airport. Prices are fixed by the airport and are posted by the Taxi rank.
The 125 runs east along the coast to Faro and west past Quarteira and Albufeira on its way to Lagos. The A2-IP1 links Vilamoura and the rest of the Algarve with Lisbon, although it is some 130 miles away.
- The Roman ruins and museum of Cerro da Vila in the centre of Vilamoura
- Roman Ruins of Cerro da Vila - These are ruins of a bathing complex and mosaics representing fishes of a residence. These are located right in the heart of Vilamoura, and have bathing, thermae, and tanks for salting fish that are dated from the 1st Century A.D. The interpretive centre of these ruins, allows their visitors to discover the everyday life of the ancient Algarve inhabitants, as well as to explore the silos from the Islamic period, the foundations of a funeral tower and the docks from the Roman Period.
- Marina - The Vilamoura's Marina is one of the most pretigious centre of fun and leisure in the Algarve. Located within a sober area, surrounded by the most demanding touristic offer, it provides to its visitors a wide range of restaurants, bars and accommodation. The Vilamoura's Marina also possesses excellent sporting and leisure structures.
- Catch some rays down on one of the two main beaches
- Play golf on one of Vilamoura's six courses
- Take a walk along the Marina
- Go deep sea fishing
- Take a boat trip to see the caves along the coast
phone: +351 914394291The Riding Centre of Vilamoura adjoins the inn and offers you the opportunity to enjoy a nature ride or even riding lessons.
7Seven Spa2700m2 spa, which includes social areas and treatments rooms, Hydrotherapy circuit with hydro-massage pools, water jet sprays, relaxation beds with aquatic massage, Zen garden, Finnish sauna, aromatic Turkish bath, Waterfall Experience Showers, a Water tunnel, ice fountain. In-room massages and treatments available
- The Old Course
- Pinhal Golf Course
- Laguna Golf Course
- Millennium Golf Course
- Victoria Clube de Golfe
Most restaurants are situated in the Marina area. There is a wide variety of foods available, from traditional Portuguese to Thai.
phone: +351 289 302 577The Estalagem da Cegonha (Stork´s Inn) with four hundred years of History is tucked discreetly among bougainvillea in the heart of Vilamoura.
phone: +351 289 304 900address: Rua do Brasil, Lote 4.11.1B5-star, full service, self-catering Suites
Tivoli Victoria Vilamouraphone: +351 289 317 000address: Apartado 6655 star hotel featuring 280 guest rooms, overlooking the beautiful Victoria Vilamoura Golf Course. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning and plasma television. There are also as wireless Internet connections and Ipod ports in every room.
phone: +351 289320320address: Morgadinhos, 8125-307