WellesleyMassachusetts in the Greater Boston area. It is a wealthy suburb and home to Wellesley College, Babson College and Mass Bay Community College. Wellesley includes the villages of Babson Park and Wellesley Hills.
- Logan International Airport (BOS).
From Logan you can take the Airporter, Phone: +1 781-899-6161, toll free: +1-877-899-6161, firstname.lastname@example.org, . A shuttle service that will pick you up at Logan and take you directly to Wellesley. About $35 per person.
By carWellesley is at the junction of Interstate 95 and Route 9. Route 16 also passes through town.
- Veteran Taxi, Phone: +1 781-235-1600.
- Sun Taxi, Phone: +1-800-SUN-TAXI.
- Newton Yellow Cab, Phone: +1 617-332-7700.
- AMTRAK to Boston's South Station, then take MBTA's Commuter Rail Framingham/Worcester Line, to Wellesley Square.
Wellesley is a small town, and all points of interest are accessible from Main St. on foot.
phone: +1 781 283-2051address: 106 Central Street
phone: +1 781-283-3094address: 106 Central StThe Wellesley College Botanic Gardens consists of the Walter Hunnewell Arboretum, and the Alexandra Botanic Gardens. There is a 22 acre arboretum with over 500 species of woody plants and a century-old topiary garden. Their collection includes White and English Oaks, lindens, tulip trees, bald cypress and Chinese Golden Larch, as well as azaleas, hollies, weeping cherries, lilacs, viburnums, and rhododendrons.
- Elm Bank Reservation, Cheney Road (Off of Route 16 (Washington Street)), Phone: +1 617-333-7404, . Open year round dawn till dusk. The Elm Bank Reservation is the former estate of Benjamin Pierce Cheney (founder of American Express.) It got it's name from the elm trees that were planted on the Charles River, which surrounds the grounds on three sides. The site has several playing fields as well as a canoe launch. It is also home to the Massachusetts Horticultural Society
address: 900 Washington Street(Route 16). Daily 8AM-dusk. A 36-acre horticulture and hands-on education center along the Charles River, with trial gardens, children's garden, and a restored 1926 Italianate Garden. Donation.
Wellesley TownsmanThe town's newspaper, has listings of current events in its "Calendar" section.
- Summer concerts on the town green Wednesdays 7PM. Mid June - mid Aug. Free.
Morses PondA fantastic little beach, perfect for a day out in the summer. $5 per person per day for a beach tag. Children under the age of 10 will have to pass the "slide test" to use the water slide, and children under the age of 12 will have to pass a "deep end test" to swim in the deep end.
phone: +1 781 235-1200address: 231 Forest StreetBabson Park. Highly ranked business school.
phone: +1 781 283-1000address: 106 Central StreetOne of the esteemed "Seven Sisters" schools.
address: 50 Oakland Street
address: 93 Central StreetClassic Style Clothing & Gifts for Children, Infants to Preteen.
address: 583 Washington StOwned by famous chef Ming Tsai, host of East Meets West. $$
address: 352 Washington StreetOrganic & All-Natural Breakfast, Luncheon, Soups, Salads, Sandwiches, Spa Selections.
address: 312 Washington StreetItalian.
SE Olson Uptown Gourmet Cafeaddress: 390 Washington StreetSoups, sandwiches.
address: 245 Washington Street
address: 279 Linden StreetLunch and dinner M-F: 11AM-9PM, Sa: 11:45AM-9PM. Breakfast: M-F: 6:30AM-10:30AM, Sa: 7AM-11AM. Sunday brunch: 8AM-2PM. The Captain's motto? "Nothing fancy. Everything delicious."
Bertuccis Brick Oven Pizzariaaddress: 380 Washington Street
College Square Pizzaaddress: 552 Washington Street
Deluxe Pizzaaddress: 1 Forest Street
address: 11 Forest StreetChinese.
address: 15 Washington StreetChinese.
Tian Fuaddress: 442 Washington Sreet
address: 180 Worcester Street
Amarin of Thailandaddress: 27 Grove Street
Lemon Thaiaddress: 555 Washington Street
Coconut Cafeaddress: 257 Washington Street
address: 352 Washington StreetFive-time Reader's Choice winner, including #1 Coffee in Wellesley. Organic & Artisan Loose-Leaf Tea and Single-Origin Estate Coffees: espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, hot chocolate, real chai and iced tea.
Peets Coffee & Teaaddress: 9 Central Street
Rosies Bakeryaddress: 55 Central Street
Starbucks Coffee Shop68A Central Street.
- Center for Executive Education at Babson, One Woodland Hill Drive, 781–239-4000. $325.