Wertheim is a city in Baden Württemberg, Germany. It is situated on the delta of the river Tauber flowing into the river Main. It borders on the Odenwald and the Spessart to the north across the river Main.
The main claim to fame of Wertheim is "Wertheim Village" a strip mall outlet center kind of place.
- Frankfurt Airport (FRA) - The nearest intercontinental airport.
- Stuttgart - for European 'EU-domestic' flights.
- Nürnberg (NUE) - for European 'EU-domestic' flights.
On footWalking will get you from one end of town to the other in about 15-30 min.
by carGoing by car is unnecessary in most cases.
By bicycleIn the spring and summer, biking is also highly recommended. There are a lot of bike lanes and special bike roads with no cars.
From Rothenburg ob der Tauber (or from Wertheim in the other direction) you can start a popular bicycle tour by the "Lovely Tauber valley" (also "Charming Tauber valley"), about Weikersheim, Bad Mergentheim, Lauda and Tauberbischofsheim, till you reach just 100 km removed Wertheim. Recommended daily stages of the route "Charming Tauber Valley (Classic)":
- 1st day's stage - Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Weikersheim (or Bad Mergentheim)
- 2nd day's stage - (Weikersheim via) Bad Mergentheim to Tauberbischofsheim
- 3rd day's stage - Tauberbischofsheim to Wertheim
From Wertheim (or from Rothenburg ob der Tauber in the other direction), you can cycle back to the starting point with five recommended extra stages of the route "Charming Tauber Valley (Sportive)":
- 1st day's stage - Wertheim to Freudenberg
- 2nd day's stage - Freudenberg to Külsheim
- 3rd day's stage - Külsheim to Boxberg
- 4th day's stage - Boxberg to Niederstetten
- 5th day's stage - Niederstetten to Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Summer festivalon the last three days of July.
medieval festivalat the castle Wertheim
Wertheimer Messelike Oktoberfest
phone: +49 9342 83111address: An den Christwiesen 35
phone: +49 9342 913 138address: Friedleinsgasse 2
phone: +49 9342 9060address: Neuplatz 1
phone: +49 9342 9 35 72 70address: Rechte Tauberstraße 2
phone: +49 9342 9654 0address: Breslauer Str. 1
phone: +49 170 2161967 (mobile)address: Am Rain 2