- – there are many cafés, restaurants, boutiques, and night clubs in its lovely baroque city center, center of Győr–Moson–Sopron County
- – a historic town on the Austrian border
- – a thermal spa and destistry town
- – a bilingual town on the Austrian border
- – former Roman colony, center of Vas County
- – center of Zala County
By trainNorthern Transdanubia (Budapest-Tatabánya-Győr-Mosonmagyaróvár rail line) directly connected with Vienna (eight per day, 'SparSchiene' ticket from €13 (one way), 2014). Special ticket prices for direct trains toward west to Salzburg (eight per day), and Innsbruck (twice a day, RW ticket from €89 ). EURegio Spezial tickets arw valid for daily one return trip, from Monday to next Monday 09:00 any train (on the given routes). Győr-Vienna-Győr: €49.
From Sopron, Szentgotthárd], and Szombathely, trains depart to east and south Austrian destinations (Vienna, Graz (return from €39), Klagenfurt, Villach, Wiener Neustadt).
From Pécs via Nagykanizsa trains to Vienna
By busFrom Kőszeg bus depart to Oberpullendorf in Burgenland (weekly, 20 min) by Vasi Volán company.
From Győr also every two hours there is a bus to Vienna.
By trainNorthern Transdanubia, (Budapest-Tatabánya-Győr-Mosonmagyaróvár rail line,) directly connected with Munich (five per day, one of night train, one-way ticket from €29, 2014), and from Frankfurt (6 hours), via Stuttgart 'railjet' trains (weekly two, from €49, 2014) or daily more with change at Vienna.
By busSome bus lines pass this region: see on the homepage of Volánbusz, which is the national bus company and also the local Eurolines representation.Orangeways bus company, T.:+36 30 830-9696, offers cheap tickets between Győr and Berlin, Cologne, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich.
- From Nagykanizsa train departs to Zagreb in Croatia (daily, 3 hours)
- Take 'Citadella' InterCity express, IC 246/247, stop at Székesfehérvár, Veszprém, Zalaegerszeg to Murska Sobota, (Slovenia), Ptuj, (Slovenia) , Maribor (Slovenia)
- 'Istria express', 1246/1247 take it at Székesfehérvár or Veszprém or Zalaegerszeg to Ljubljana (Slovenia) and Koper (Slovenia)
By busFrom Pécs via Mohács to Osijek twice a week, 2 hours by Pannon Volán .
Slovakia and Czech RepublicFrom Győr start buses to Bratislava in Slovakia with Cseh-busz one way/return Ft 3000/5000, three per day, 1 hour and Praha in Czech Republic (one way/return Ft 6000/11000 three per day, 5½ hour, )
See Volan bus company site.
SwitzerlandThere is a direct train connection between Győr and Zurich (twice a day).
Őrség National ParkFolk architecture, arboretums, castle garden, etc.