Wisconsin DellsWisconsin Dells is a popular vacation area in central Wisconsin, best known for its rock formations and water parks.
Wisconsin Dells is an hour north of Madison and two hours from Milwaukee. It is one of the most popular destinations in the midwest, famous for the steep and scenic bluffs along the rivers that make great cruising, and is also famous for the many water and theme parks.
Carefully vet Dells-related websites most are dot com sites but there are some dot org and dot edu sites that have valuable information. Pick up a free travel and attraction guide to help planning. Many feature ways to save money with coupon books and discount cards. Check online newspaper sites for events and festivals. Look for online reviews and specials to see what other travelers are saying before you book. Many times you can subscribe to a dells website for free coupons, email offers and last minute specials. The area marketing has grown so you can get many discounts, savings and offers directly to your mobile devices. While your there having a good time make sure you remember to save enough gas money to get home!
The Dane County Regional Airport in Madison is an hour to the south. Further away lies O'Hare International Airport in Chicago and Gen. Mitchel International Airport in Milwaukee. Also, there are general aviation airports: Sauk Prairie Airport in Sauk City/Prairie Du Sac, and the Baraboo/Dells Airport for Baraboo and, of course, the Wisconsin Dells.
Interstate 90/94 passes right through the Dells area with four exits leading directly to the Wisconsin Dells area. U.S. 12 also passes through the Dells from major cities such as Madison, Tomah, and Eau Claire.
By busThe Greyhound Bus stops at the Citgo/Burger King at 611 Frontage Rd.
Wisconsin Dells Kangaroo Taxi. http://www.a1wisconsindellstaxi.com/
+1 608 432-4627. $2 per mile & $2 for each passenger
address: 560 Wisconsin Dells ParkwayA water skier show and a science museum.
address: 550 Water StreetBaraboo.
Ripley's Believe it or Not!115 Broadway.
Mid-Continent Railway MuseumDiamond Hill Road, North Freedom. 7 mile train journey
address: 1670 Wisconsin Dells ParkwayMagic Show.
- Boat Cruises Many companys operate boat tours, including:
- Upper & Lower Dells Boat Tours, +1 608 254-8555. April to October.
Original Wisconsin Ducksphone: +1 608 254-8751
Mark Twain Toursphone: +1 608 254-6080
Captain Soma's Dells Cruisesphone: +1 608 254-2628
Dells Army Ducksphone: +1 608 254-6080
phone: +1 608 254-6361America's Largest Waterpark.
Mt. Olympus Water and Fun ParkDozens of waterslides, go-karts, and an indoor water park. Multiple parks along Wisconsin Dells Parkway (Map location is main park)
Chula Vista Water Park and Golf ResortFeatures indoor and outdoor water parks, golf course, lodging, spa services, and restaurants.
Old River Mini Golfsmaller off-the-beaten-path course located just inside downtown Wisconsin Dells.
Pirate's Cove Adventure Golfmini-golf complex with 5 courses
Timber Falls Adventure ParkSmall amusement park centered on a mini-golf course.
phone: +1 608 253-2041A unique family petting zoo.
phone: +1 608 254-6700address: 2127 Wisconsin Dells PkwyIs mainly a haunted house of the White House upside down
phone: +1 608 254-8751address: 1890 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy
And then at the end of the parkway, you can find the Tanger Outlet mall, which offers discount merchandise from popular retailers such as Coach, Adidas, American Eagle and Banana Republic. Finally, after passing the 90/94 overpass on the Dells Parkway, there's the Wisconsin Dells Antique Mall, offering everything from World War II memorabilia to antique toys to sports merchandise.
- Danny's 90-94 Grill & Pizza, +1 608 253-5126,
- Bronco Billy's Saloon!, +1 608 355-1055, . Bronco Billy's Saloon, is known for its famous 2/3 lb Char Grilled Bronco Burger. A large menu, daily specials and drink specials available every day. Enjoy karaoke, live entertainment, Volleyball and horseshoe courts with panoramic views of Wisconsin's gorgeous countryside. Just a short drive to Interstate 90/94, Ho-Chunk Casino and Wisconsin Dells!
- Crabby's All You Can Eat Seafood & More, +1 608 253-CRAB, . If you love seafood, you can't find a better value in the Dells area. Bring your family for fun and outstanding food. Features a Galley style dining room, serving there signature Pirate Adventure Feast. Fresh carved Prime Rib, Chicken, Sushi and Mahi-Mahi. delicious faire for seafood and meat lovers! Also featuring an Animatronic Pirate Show!
- Monk's Bar & Grill, +1 608 254-6036, . A Wisconsin Dells tradition since 1947 among locals and visitors alike, a trip to the Dells is simply incomplete without a monk's burger made from angus beef. Two level seating. Full drink menu and great food makes for a great time!
- Mr. Pancake, +1-800-648-4765, +1 608 253-3663. Another Dells landmark since the 1960s. Offers a massive selection of delicious Pancakes, Waffles and Omelets. You have to try the Hot Fudge Banana Split Waffle or Strawberry Blintzes! Everything is made from scratch everyday according to their Traditional Family Recipes. 7AM-2PM. Groups Call
- Pedros Mexican Restaurante, +1 608 253–7233, . Just across the bridge from downtown, next to Timber Falls Adventure Golf. Here, you can find fresh Mexican cuisine. Fajitas, enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, margaritas. A great choice for affordable family dining. Half price margaritas every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Buffalo Phil's Grille, +1 608 254-7300,
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co., +1 608 254-1122 . The Dells first micro-brewery features ten hand-crafted beers. From the tanks of the micro brewery straight to your glass. The Moosejaw brewmasters use locally grown hops to brew a huge variety of fantastic beers, ales and lagers. Pair that with fantastic pizza and fantastic sandwiches for a truly winning combination. Free Delivery!
- The Cheese Factory Restaurant, +1 608 253-6065,
- Mexicali Rose, +1 608 254-6036,
phone: +1 608-253-1861address: 800 Wisconsin Dells PkwyEstablished in 1943, The Del-Bar is first and foremost in fine dining in Wisconsin Dells. Designed in the tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie School of Architecture, The Del-Bar offers not only wonderful ambience, but one of the best menus in the area. Known for Dry Aged steaks, Pan Fried Walleye and Jumbo Tempura Shrimp.
phone: +1 608-253-1771address: S2011 Ishnala Rd, Lake DeltonJust outside of Wisconsin Dells and ensconced in the majestic beauty of Mirror Lake State Park. The floors are built from seventy-six tons of flagstone mined from a nearby quarry, with giant Norway pines growing through the floor and ceiling. They do not accept reservations.
- Angel's Hideaway Motel & Campground, +1 608 254-2121
- Evergreen Motel, +1 608 254-2666.
- Kilbourn Inn Motel, +1 608 254-4541.
- Rainbow Motel, +1 608 254-7606.
- Twi-Lite Motel, +1 608 253-1911.
- Colonial Motel, +1 608 253-7771, .
- Day's End Motel, +1-888-315-2378, .
- The Finch Motel, +1 608 253-4342, .
- Gables Motel, +1 608 253-3831.
- International Motel +1 608 254-2431,
- Starlite Motel +1 608 254-7525,
- Best Western Ambassador Inn and Suites
address: 1844 20th AvenueLocated on the shores of Castle Rock Lake just north of the Wisconsin Dells, Northern Bay features a replica 18 hole golf experience inspired by courses the pros play. Rent one of our fine luxury cedar and stone condominiums, situated on the course or the lake, and play golf like you never have before.
Rhapsody Resort and Spa650B E. Hiawatha Dr. Located in the heart of all the Dells attractions, Rhapsody Resort and Spa offers luxurious 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom villas, penthouses and suites with breathtaking views of Lake Delton, most with full kitchen and home theater systems. The lakeside resort includes amenities like indoor pool and hot tub, sauna, exercise facility, fabulous outdoor pool overlooking Lake Delton, two private sand beaches, private boat dock, outdoor fire pits, and outdoor grills.
Chula Vista ResortAn all inclusive Wisconsin Dells water park resort featuring two outdoor water parks and one indoor water park, golf, and other family-friendly activities. Onsite dining, hotel rooms, and condo rentals available.
address: 1970 Wisconsin Dells Parkway
Great Wolf LodgeThe largest indoor waterpark resort chain in the US. Unlimited waterpark wristbands included with all rooms.
- Lake Delton Motel, +1-888-469-8600.
- The Wisconsin Dells Police Department is located at 712 Oak St. Next to the Kilbourn Fire Department. Emergency Number is 911, Non Emergency is +1 608 253-4375.
- Lake Delton Police Department is located at 50 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. Emergency Number is 911, Non Emergency is +1 608 254-8331.
- The Wisconsin Dells Clinic is located at 1310 Broadway, +1 608 253-5451.
- The Lake Delton Clinic is located at 530 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., +1 608 254-5400.
- St Clare Urgent Care Center is located at 530 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. +1 608 254-5959.