Zanesville is a city in Ohio's Southeast Ohio region and is the county seat of Muskingum County.
Zanesville Municipal AirportA General aviation airport
- I 70 EW
- SR 40 EW
- SR 60/40 NS
By boatMuskingum River
- The Lorena Sternwheeler, Zanes Landing, 1+ 740-455-8883. Public excursions on the Muskingum River
phone: +1 740-221-4175address: 12150 Main St, TrinwayA 29 room mansion built by abolitionist George Willison Adams in 1856, served as a station on the Underground Railroad until the 1860s.
The Schultz Mansionphone: +1 740-454-6851address: 441 Putnam AveBuilt in 1900, 26 rooms, 5 baths, 8 fireplaces.
- Y-Bridge Overlook, Putnam Hill Park
Zanesville Art Centerphone: +1 740-452-0741address: 620 Military Rd
phone: +1 740-826-8211
Muskingum County Courthouse
Zanes Landing Parkaddress: Market St
Pottery and china have been manufactured here since pioneer times. There are numerous outlets for these products.
Colony Square Mall
phone: +1 740-453-0789address: 2224 Maple AveSells pizza and pasta
The Barnaddress: Linden AveSports Bar with ourdoor patio and several big screen TVs. On the weekends there are bands and/ or a DJ. Reasonably prices drinks and good food
- Bakers Motel, 8855 East Pike, I-70 exit 160, 1+ 740-872-3232link title
Econolodgephone: +1 740-452-4511address: 135 N. 7th StI-70 exit 155
Super 8phone: +1 740-455-3124address: 2440 National RdI-70 exit 152.
phone: +1 740-453-0391address: 220 N Fifth St
- Blue Rock State Park, 15 miles south.
- Dillon State Park, 12 miles northwest.
- Muskingum River State Park, Muskingum County, near Zanesville, at Ellis Campground, 1390 Ellis Dam Road. At Lock 11, there are 20 campsites off State Route 60 and County Road 49, water, picnic tables, fire rings, pet camping, there are eight boaters-only, primitive campsites at Lock #5. Boats with unlimited horsepower motors, house boats, pontoon boats, canoes and rowboats travel the river. Public launch ramps, at Locks 4, 5, 6 and 11, private ramps located near Locks 2, 7 and 10. Picnic tables, grills, latrines, drinking water and ten locks on the river.
- Deer Creek Resort and Conference Center, 20635 Waterloo Road, Mt. Sterling (West of Zanesville). 3,100 acre retreat with lodge, rooms, cottages or historic Harding Cabin. Dining in a lakeview restaurant, marina, lake and golf course. Muskingum County west of Zanesville.