BeavertonBeaverton is a western suburb in the Portland Metropolitan Area.
phone: +1 503 644-5555address: 12725 SW Millikan Way
By carBeaverton is approximately twenty minutes from downtown Portland:
- US Hwy 26 goes NW towards the coast from Portland passing along the northern edge of the Beaverton city limits from the Canyon Rd (SR-8) exit (exit #71B) to NW 185th (exit #64). There are six exits to Beaverton from US Hwy 26.
- SR 217 main north-south freeway through Beaverton and Tigard connecting US Hwy 26 (Exit 69A from both directions) in the north and I-5 (Exit #292) in the south.
- SR-8 (Canyon Rd) Connects US Hwy 26 (Exit 71B) to Beaverton, Aloha, Hillsboro, Cornelius & Forest Grove. Segment from US Hwy 26 to Beaverton is know as Canyon Rd while the segment from Beaverton to HIllsboro is called Tualatin Valley Hwy (TV Hwy). The other end of SR-8 is northwest of Forest Grove at its junction with SR-6.
- SR-10 (Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy) Connects from Barbur Blvd (SR-99W) south of downtown Portland to unincorporated enclaves of Hillsdale & Raleigh Hills to Beaverton & from SR-219 (in the west) through Aloha to Beaverton as Farmington Rd.
By public transitThe and the serve as bus/train stations for Tri-Met trains & buses. Oregon Point and Tillamook Transit buses traveling along US Hwy 26 towards the coast stop only at the Sunset Transit Center:
- Blue Line MAX the train across town from Hillsboro to Gresham via Orenco, Beaverton, downtown Portland, Gateway Transit and east Portland.
- Red Line MAX the direct train to the airport via downtown Portland & Gateway Transit Center. The Red Line MAX runs the same route with the same stops as the Blue Line MAX between Beaverton Transit Center & Gateway Transit Center.
- WES Commuter rail from Beaverton Transit Center to Wilsonville via Tigard & Tualatin.
- Rt 20 connects Beaverton, Cedar Hills Crossing, Sunset Transit Center, SW Portland, Portland City Center, SE Portland and Gresham, via Cedar Hills Boulevard, Barnes, Burnside, SE 102nd, Stark and Kane
- Rt 52 Connects Beaverton to Aloha & PCC-Rock Creek along Farmington & 185th Ave.
- Rt 54 runs between Beaverton & downtown Portland vai Raleigh Hills and Hillsdale along Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (SR-10)
- Rt 57 Frequent bus connecting Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Cornelius, Aloha and Beaverton via Pacific, Baseline, TV Highway and Canyon Road (SR-8), operates 24/7.
- Rt 58 Continues on Canyon Rd (SR-8) from Beaverton to downtown Portland.
- Rt 76 runs between Tualatin, Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton
- Rt 78 runs between Lake Oswego, Southwest Portland, PCC Sylvania, Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton. Rt 76 & 78 run the same route between Tigard Transit Center & Beaverton.
- Tillamook Transit Rt#5 Connections from Portland to Tillamook via Sunset Transit Center & Tanasbourne (NW 185th). From Beaverton Transit Center take the Blue or Red Line MAX to the Sunset Transit Center and transfer to Tillamook Transit #5. Tillamook Transit buses going into Portland can only drop off passengers in the Portland Metropolitan area.
- Northwest Point goes up to Astoria via Beaverton and Elsie along US Hwy 26 and Seaside, Cannon Beach, Gearhart and Warrenton along US Hwy 101. Picks up from the Sunset Transit Center in Beaverton. Their buses going into Portland can only drop off in the Portland Metropolitan area.
Connections to Greyhound, Amtrak, Oregon Point and other intercity buses are in Portland. See below under "Get around" for a list of additional local routes.
By busTri-Met operates additional local bus routes (for within Beaverton and surrounding areas) out of either Beaverton Transit Center, Sunset Transit Center (in the north) or both as follows:
- Rt 42 Denney/Hall provides weekday service between Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton Transit Center along Hall, Scholls Ferry Rd, Denney and Lombard.
- Rt 53 Arctic/Allen runs on a loop to Beaverton Transit Center, along Lombard, Allen, Arctic, Western, 5th, Griffith and Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway, during the weekday morning and evening rush hour only.
- Rt 62 runs between Washington Square and Sunset Transit Center, along Scholls Ferry Road, Murray, Millikan, Hocken, Jenkins, Cornell and Barnes
- Rt 88 Hart/198th runs between Willow Creek Transit Center, Aloha and Beaverton)
Beaverton is home of , a beautiful campus sprawling many acres. Apart from this campus, the city has a strong culture of environmental preservation, so there are many parks and public places for leisure across the city.
Some of the activities in Beaverton include various malls including Washington Square, and Cedar Hills Crossing (formerly Beaverton Mall). Both of these malls contain many activities such as great food, including fast food, or formal restaurants. Washington Square recently built a Cheesecake Factory, which is always a popular place to dine. Both malls have movie theaters along with stores that fit anybody's taste. There are many beautiful parks located throughout the Beaverton area that are frequented by many people. And, of course since it is the Northwest, there is a coffee shop on every corner. See mall listings under "Buy" in the below:
phone: +1 503-629-6350address: 15655 SW Millikan Way
phone: +1 503-645-6433address: 15707 SW Walker Rd
phone: +1 503 643-5345address: (mailing address) PO Box 4, Beaverton OR 97075
Beaverton Town Squareaddress: 11665 SW Beaverton Hillsdale HwyOutdoor shopping mall with different smaller shops such as FedEx Store, Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe, Pho Van, Rocker Woodworking & Hardware, etc. Same location as Fred Meyer which is located in a separate building separated by an expansive parking lot from Beaverton Town Square to the east. There are other free standing establishments surrounding Beaverton Town Square.
phone: +1 503 643-7117
address: 3205 SW Cedar Hills BlvdCedar Hills Crossing hosts WinCo, Best Buy, Old Navy, Powells Bookstore, New Seasons Market, Century Theater, LA Fitness and numerous other shops & restaurants in the mall and in the immediate surrounding area not part of the mall (Goodwill, Rite Aid, Bed Bath & Beyond, Dollar Store, Five Guys, Chipotle, amongst others). There are other smaller strip malls & free standing establishments radiating north-south along SW Cedar Hills between Walker & Canyon Rd and along Hall Blvd from Cedar Hills to Canyon Rd. MC, Visa, Discover and/or travelers checks accepted in many of these establishments. The current mall location was formerly an airport prior to 1969.
phone: +1 503 639-8860
address: 9585 SW Washington Square RdThe largest shopping mall in the state of Oregon, with just about everything you would expect to find. Some of the stores include Dick's Sporting Goods, Macy's, Nordstroms, JCPenney, The Cheesecake Factory, Abercrombie & Fitch, amongst others. There is also a foreign exchange booth by CXI inside the mall too.
phone: +1 503 641-7474address: 12434 SW Broadway St
phone: +1 503 643-9100address: 13455 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy
phone: +1 503 641-3200address: 8500 SW Nimbus Ave
phone: +1 503 614-8100address: 15402 NW Cornell RdAll suite accommodations with complimentary breakfast buffet, high speed Internet, and 24 hr. business center
phone: +1 503 644-4000address: 9000 SW Washington Square Rd
phone: +1 503 972-0048address: 15583 NW Gateway Ct
phone: +1 503 646-4131address: 12255 SW Canyon RdMarker at motel office next to Car Toys at Canyon Rd & Lombard. Motel rooms further back from Canyon Rd.
phone: +1 503 641-7477address: 10720 SW Allen Blvd
phone: +1 503 297-2551address: 9900 SW Canyon Rd
phone: +1 503 644-2197address: 12375 SW 5th AveInternet connection on their computers or Wifi for your own laptop or mobile device.They also have a at 11200 SW Murray Scholl Pl in the southern suburbs.
The following are county operated libraries outside of Beaverton city limits which may be closer to where you are staying:
phone: +1 503 644-0043address: 12505 NW Cornell Rd, Suite #13
phone: +1 503 292-6416address: 3678 SW 78th St
phone: +1 503 643-5263address: 4550 SW BettsThe zip codes for Beaverton are 97005 and 97008
phone: +1 503 968-3577address: 3225 SW 87th St, Portland 97225Serving zip code 97225. Most of the addresses in this zip code are "Portland" addresses instead of "Beaverton".
phone: +1 503 646-9635address: 12675 NW Cornell, Portland 97229Serving zip code 97229 in the neighborhoods north of US Hwy 26. Most of the addresses in this zip code are "Portland" addresses instead of "Beaverton".