Eastern Ukraine (Ukrainian: Східна Україна) is the industrial coal-mining region of Ukraine, home to much of the country's Russian population.
- Dnieper Ukraine (Приднепровье, Наддніпрянщина) — Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, the northern part of Kherson Oblast, and the middle and north part of Zaporizhia Oblast
- Donbass region — Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts
- Pryazovia — Zaporizhia Oblast, the southern part of Donetsk Oblast, and the eastern part of Kherson Oblast
- Sloboda Ukraine (Слобожанщина,Слобідська Україна ) — Kharkiv Oblast, parts of the Sumy Oblast, Donetsk Oblast, and Luhansk Oblast
- - the center of Dnipropetrovsk region, part of the Dnieper Ukraine area
- - primarily known for its plant for the production of sparkling wine bottle classic way - the largest in Eastern Europe. Part of the Donbass area. - The administrative center of Donetsk region. A major cultural center.
- - the second most populous city in Ukraine and its first capital. - In Sloboda Ukraine area
- - a major industrial center, in Dnieper Ukraine region
- - the administrative center of the Luhansk region. Part of the Donbass area
- - a major industrial center, climatic and mud resort. Part of the Pryazovia area
- - center of Zaporozhye region, part of the Dnieper Ukraine area
- Dnieper Ukraine
- * Kamianske - a major industrial center near Dnipro.
- * Gulyaypole - the city during the Civil War, the former biggest village in Ukraine (by population) and the capital of Makhno.
- * Novomoskovsk
- * Nikopol
- * Vasilevka
- * Tokmak
- * Krasnodon - small town, famous for its underground anti-fascist organization "Young Guard".
- * Shakhtersk - one of the centers of the coal industry. In the city is one of the deepest mines CIS - "Deep Mine" (1546 m)
- * Sloviansk - climatic and mud-treatment resort.
- * Soledar - the center of salt production in Eastern Europe and spa resort, using the old salt mines produce
- * Sviatohirsk - climatic resort. Religious center: the city is one of three Orthodox laurel Ukraine.
- * Berdyansk - climate and mud resort.
- * Henichesk - a popular resort.
- * Kyrylivka - a small but popular resort village in the Zaporozhye region. Climate, mud and spa resort.
- * Melitopol - industrial center and transportation hub.
- * Novoazovsk - a small resort town, the border crossing in the Rostov region.
- * Primorsk
- * Ahtyrka
- * Bogodukhov
- * Izium
- * Kupiansk
- * Sumy
- * Starobil'sk
- * Yemyiev
- * Vollchansk
- Dneproges in Zaporizhia - the first power station on the Dnieper, the flagship of the electrification plan, the energy base of the Zaporozhye industrial complex, also here find the Khortitsa island
- Krivoy Rog Metrotram - underground tram line in Krivoy Rog
- The longest promenade in Europe find you in Dnipro
Trinity Cathedralphone: +380 569 38-00-74address: Ploschad Pobedy (Sq.Victory,пл. Победы) 1A unique monument of Ukrainian Baroque, built in 1778 by Yakym Pohrybniak from wood without any nails.
address: Novomoskovsk, Boarding House (Дом-интернат)
Pavlohrad or Pavlograd
Savior Cathedral aka Holy Mandylion cathedralphone: +380 5632 20-0600address: Lane Museum (пер. Музейный), 1
St.Archangel Michael churchaddress: 30 Proletarska st., 29 Vosstannya st.Built in 1899.
Girls gymnasiumaddress: Radyanska, 64Built in the 1880s. Now this is the Palace of Children and Youth.
Assumption of the Virgin Mary churchaddress: St. Kharkivska, 19Azur colored facade, - built in 1896.
Monument to Lenin
Walk of Fame former Central Alley
Monument Joseph Kotin
Lieutenant Rzhevsky Monumentaddress: Str. Zavodskaya (ул. Заводская), 44
Regional Museumphone: +380 5672 6-0982
Zachariavskaya fortress ruin
phone: +380 627 46-2640
phone: +380 627 42-2595
- Lenin Prospect (проспект Ленина), its architecture is in the style of "Stalin's empire".
- At one end of the avenue Lenin, near DC Chemists is a beautiful fountain with lights
- Stella (Стелла) fountain at Square honor 20th anniversary of Victory.
- St. Nicholas Cathedral (Свято-Николаевский Кафедральный Собор).
St. George's Churchphone: +380 6442 3-41-42address: St. Popova , 106
- The Mother Sophia temple in honor of Faith, Hope & Charity (Храм в честь Веры, Надежды, Любви и матери их Софии).
- SU-100, a self-cooled gun (Самоходная артиллерийская установка СУ-100), Square the 30th anniversary of Victory.
- Spire, a monument in the form of a bayonet (Монумент в виде штыка - Шпиль), Square 40 anniversary of the Victory ).
Historical museumphone: +380 442 01 02 22address: St. Kalinina, 2A branch of the Regional Museum. A one-room exhibition with an area of 400 m².
- Geological and mineralogical museum (Геолого-минералогический музей).
- The Smelter Factory Industrial History Museum (Музей истории металлургического завода).
- The Coke and Chemical Plant History Museum (Музей истории коксохимического завода).
- Museum of History of the University (Музей истории университета).
- Monument "The Oath" (Памятник «Клятва»). Depicts five of the Young, who was awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union) at a solemn oath at the flag.
- Stele "Grieving Mother"(стелла «Скорбящая мать»), with eternal flame. A 2nd WW's Mass grave of the Young.
- Pit No. 5 (Шурф №5).- Mine, in which the corpses were dumped the Young.
- Stele with a jet (Стелла с реактивным самолётом), at the entrance to the city.
phone: +380 643 56-3156
Makiivka, also spelled Makiyivka
phone: +380 623 26-3382, +380 623 26-2468
- Pioneer Palace (Дворец Пионеров)
- St. George's Cathedral (Свято-Георгиевский собор)
- Northern Park (Парк Северный)
- Park of Vasily Dzharty (Парк им. Василия Джарты)
- Square of glory (Сквер славы)
SoledarThe name of the town stands for 'gift of salt' both in Russian and Ukrainian. A major tourist attraction: the underground galleries and chambers of salt mines, which are also used extensively for speleo (cave) treatment of asthma and other lung diseases.
phone: +380 627-44-25-73address: Str. Chkalov (ул. Чкалова), 1a
BerdyanskA spa therapy resort place. There are more than 70 health institutions:health centers, children’s sports and recreational facilities, recreation centers, which can accommodate at least fifteen thousand people.
phone: +380 615 33-6316address: Ul. Dyumyna (ул. Дюмина), 15Tells the history of the city, its residents, especially the life from the foundation to the present.
phone: +380 615 33-6570address: Ul.Peremohy (пр.Перемоги),14Exhibits about the nature of the region and its history.
Brodskovo Art Museumphone: +380 615 34-5158address: Ul. MarksaCollection from celebrated Ukrainian artists works, include Aivazovsky, Kuindji & Makovsky
phone: +380 6153 7-0980address: Ul. Shmidta (ул. Шмидта), 8In a two-story house in which the family Schmidt lived from 1876 to 1886. And it was the childhood home of the future lieutenant of Peter Schmidt, who was later a Russian revolutionary democrat.
'Feat' museumphone: +380 615 34-0512address: Sverdlova (ул. Свердлова), 10About the occupation & liberation of the city, in World War II.
ZOOaddress: Volkov Street2.5 ha. 60 species of exotic animals. There are aviaries, ponds, alpine garden, recreational facilities and a cafe.
Aqua park “Cape of Good Hope”address: Makarov, 2-v
Beaches on Berdyansk SpitThe gem of the city which is a 17-km strip of land, stretching out to sea. There are clean beaches and numerous resorts, discos.
The lighthouseaddress: Berdyansk Spit, Makarov, 185Made in 1838. One of the oldest buildings of the city.
- Two amusement parks
Bender and Balaganov Monument
HenicheskA port city along the Sea of Azov.
Church of Nativity
phone: +380 553 42-2192address: Ul. Petrovsky, 1
Children's Beachaddress: Vul. Sverdlova (Свердлова вул.)About 200 m from the shore the depth "knee", then "by the throat", and another ~60-m fairway starts 10-m deep and large current! The bottom is sticky clay ("Mulyak"), which is curative, but by the middle of the day due to bathing water becomes very muddy.
Adult beachThere are possible as quite strong currents. You must be careful.
Gorky Recreation park- A landscape park, there are about 50 species of trees and about 30 species of shrubs. Attractions: ZOOvernisazh, park history museum, summer stage, dance halls, cafes, wooden sculptures complex "Glade of fairy tales" («Поляна Сказок»)
Alexander Nevsky Cathedralphone: +380 619 44-0347address: Ul. Alexander Nevsky, 5Built in 1884 as the Armenian Gregorian Church. Now Orthodox Church.
address: Ul.Alexander Nevsky, 24Built in 1892
Holy Trinity churchphone: +380 619 25-4018address: Lomonosova str., 176
phone: +380 619 42-2456address: Horkoho str., 53
Roman Catholic Churchphone: +380 619 42-30-93address: Dzerzhynskoho str., 225
phone: +380 6192 6-1916address: Vorovskogo (ул. Воровского), 45Founded in 1995.
phone: +380 619 44-4514address: Ul. Marksa (ул. К. Маркса), 18This is in a three-story mansion, in 1913. There is a natural history fund, collection of Scythian gold (in 4th century BC), numismatic & ethnographic collection.
The Stone GraveIt is a relic of sandstone from the Sarmatian epoch of the Tertiary period (late 2nd century BC to late 2nd century AD).
The entire production cycle is carried out at a depth of 72 meters. The total area of the tunnels is 25 hectares. There are three kinds of excursions: visit with four tastings: 3-hour long; with two tasting - 2 hours, visit the one tasting room - 1 hour. Only for persons who older than 18 years. Photo, Video prohibited. For English-speaking groups provide an interpreter. In the galleries are pretty cool, it is desirable to take a sweater.
phone: +380 62 326-4651
phone: +380 5632 64847address: Pavlohrad, Str. Kharkiv, 65
Holy Mountains - National Park
Khomutovskaya steppe ReserveThe famous Scythian women from the movie "Step" Sergei Bondarchuk, and mounds from the Mongol period.
Azov-Sivash National Park
Biruchiy islandaddress: Henichesk areaThis area part of the territory of the Azov-Sivash National Natural Park (Азово-Сивашский национальный природный парк). Wildlife: deers, fallow deers, Ussurian raccoon dogs, partridges, pheasants, wild geese and ducks, egrets.
Arabatsky sand spit