Sourced from Wikivoyage. Text is available under the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.Holyhead (Welsh: Caergybi) is a small port town on Holy Island, which is narrowly separated from the larger island of Anglesey, in north-west Wales. It is a port for high-speed ferries that cross the Irish Sea to the Dublin area.
By carThe A55 runs from Chester across Anglesey to Holyhead.
There are hourly services from Shrewsbury via Bangor with some trains starting in Cardiff or Birmingham, all operated by Transport for Wales. A once-daily Premier Service to and from Cardiff offers a higher standard with at-seat restaurant service available in 1st class. From London, there are several departures per day with Virgin Trains.
address: London RdConveniently located at the harbor, the station is within walking distance for the ferries to and from Ireland.
- Irish Ferries sail from Dublin.
- Stena Line sails from Dún Laoghaire (Co. Dublin) (about 8 km south of Dublin city centre).
By busNational Express and Arriva from across the UK to Holyhead
Holyhead Breakwater Country ParkNature trails, lake and cliff scenery
phone: +44 1407 769745address: Newry Beach, LL65 1YD
St Cybi's Churchmediaeval church. The original church was constructed at Holyhead around 540 AD by St Cybi, a cousin of St David.
address: The SkerriesLighthouse on an outcrop of rocks North-East of Holyhead. An important breeding site for seabirds. Can be reached by charter boat from Holyhead.
address: 1 Church TerraceScuba and snorkelling
address: Newry Beach
Prices Fish and Chipsphone: +44 1407 762300address: 2 Saint Cybi Street
Nuha Tandoori Restaurantaddress: 69-71 Market Street
phone: +44 1407 762094address: Newry BeachPub, hotel, good food,
phone: +44 871 984 6342address: Kingsland Road
- Bangor – the nearest bigger town, on the Welsh mainland
- Dublin – across the Irish Sea
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch (Llanfairpwllgwyngyll for short) – on the main road (A55), just before the bridge to the Welsh mainland
- South Stack – 3 miles away at the western end of Holy Island
- Trearddur Bay – a village 2 miles away
- Valley – a village 4 miles away