North Jutland, also called the North Denmark Region, is the northern part of Jutland in Denmark.
While the North Jutlandic Island (Nørrejyske Ø) is actually an island, it is usually described as part of Jutland (together with Mors and other islands in Limfjorden). It is divided between the traditional provinces of Thy, Han Herred and Vendsyssel.
In terms of municipalities, the region consists of Brønderslev, Frederikshavn, Hjørring, Jammerbugt, Læsø, Mariagerfjord, Morsø, Rebild, Thisted, Vesthimmerlands and Aalborg.
- — inland harbour on the Limfjorden, a waterway connecting Kattegat Sea (east) and North Sea (Vesterhavet)
- — one of Denmark's most popular beaches
- — town in Vendsyssel
- — small village in the central of Han Herred, the land between the North Sea and Limfjorden, building a bridge between Thy and Vendsyssel
- — coastal town on Kattegat Sea. Ferry to Sweden, Norway and Læsø Island.
- — important ferry harbour with services to Norway.
- — inland town in Vendsyssel area
- — the west
- — the east
- — Jutlands picturesque northern peninsular
- — coastal town on Kattegat Sea
- — town at the western end of Limfjorden
- — remote and unique off the beaten path island half way to Sweden
- — the first national part to be established in Denmark
- are a group of 10 islands, mostly nature reserves
The geography of North Jutland can be confusing. Limfjorden is, by geographic terms, a strait, not a fjord. While the North Jutlandic Island is a natural island separated from the mainland by Limfjorden, it is traditionally described as part of Jutland, described as three districts.
By ferryThere are ferries from Sweden and Norway to Hirtshals and Frederikshavn in North Jutland.
By planeThere are planes from Copenhagen, Oslo, London, Málaga, Tórshavn and Reykjavik to Aalborg Airport.
By trainThere are trains from Copenhagen, Aarhus, Randers, Odense, Esbjerg and other cities to Northern Jutland.
By busFrom Copenhagen or Aarhus: Take the 888 bus to Aalborg, and from there take another bus to your destination
- Børglum Kloster
- Skawbo rødspætte (plaice with cranberries served with berry porridge of cranberries, lingonberry or gooseberry.
- Rulleål (filleted eel rolled around onion and parsley, and cooked in salty water)
- Jomfru Ane Gade: A bar street in Aalborg.