North West ProvinceNorth-West Province, provides a link between South Africa and Botswana. The province is the largest platinum production area in the world, and its Stelland area is the "Texas of South Africa" with some of the biggest cattle herds in the world.
- - The capital of the North West Province
- - South Africa's Las Vegas, with casino, golf course and adventure area.
- - typical small farm village, famous for literature and Mampoer
- - small park, easy to reach from Johannesburg. Has the Big Five
- - approx 8 km north of Thabazimbie
Other nature reserves
- - in the north of the province
By carThe N12 highway runs from Kimberley trough the eastern part of the province (Klerksdorp, Potchefstroom) to Johannesburg. The N14 from Upington joins the N12 in Wolmaranstaad. The N4 runs through the north of the province. It comes from Gaborone in Botswana, goes through Zeerust and Rustenburg and from there to the north of Pretoria.
By planeThe airport of Pilanesberg/Sun City offers flights to Johannesburg.
The capital city of Mmabatho/Mafikeng has regular flights operated by South African Airways to Johannesburg.
By busGreyhound and Translux offer bus connections from other provinces.
- Rock Climbing
- SkyDive Rustenburg - based at Rustenburg Airfield. Enjoy a scenic flight over Rustenburg and the Magaliesberg on the climb to , 40 seconds in freefall attached to a tandem master, and a 5-minute parachute ride back to earth. +27 (0)79 345 7058
phone: +27 14 557-1544address: Sun CityAt 2 km this is the longest zipslide in the world. During the slide you will reach speeds up to 140 km/h. Departures are from the Sun City Welcome centre.