Sourced from Wikivoyage. Text is available under the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.
Northern Portugal (Portuguese: Região Norte) is the "oldest" region of Portugal, where the nation began.
- (Oporto) – the main hub and largest city
- (Portugal's only national park)
Portuguese and Mirandese are the national languages of Northern Portugal. Galician and Castillan are also spoken.
Sá Carneiro Airport (Porto Airport), (OPO)
Drive, take the bus or train; subway in Porto metropolitan area.
- OPorto Riverside (Ribeira do Porto)
- Castles in Guimarães, Feira, Bragança
- Basilica in Viana do Castelo
- Valença Fortification
- Natural wonders of the Douro Valley, Miranda do Douro and Peneda-Gerês National Park
- Côa Valley - prehistoric archaeological area and a registered UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Porto Museums
- Walk through Dom Luis bridge
- Casinos of Espinho and Povoa.
- Douro river cruise
Bacalhau (cod), Francesinha