Vejle is a city in Jutland, part of the Kolding–Vejle–Fredericia triangle. Vejle is also the regional capital of South Jutland, one out of 5 Danish regions.
By trainVejle is on the main Copenhagen–Aarhus–Ålborg train line with several departures every hour. It is a stop for all trains passing through, including InterCityLyn (ICL) to and from Copenhagen Airport, and ICE (InterCity Europe) trains to/from Hamburg and Berlin.
By carVejle is the close to motorway E45, which passes on the Vejle bridge. This is one of the rare places in Jutland with regular traffic jams.
By airBillund Airport (BLL) is located about 30 km from Vejle, with several bus departures every day.
phone: +45 70201222
The local buses go from the trafikcenter at the train station
Vejle is home to Vejle Boldklub Kolding, an old football club formerly known just as Vejle Boldklub. The club has played its home games at Vejle Stadium since 2008 with a location in the heart of the Nørreskov in the city centre. The club has won 5 titles as Danish champions and 6 Danish Cup titles, although the last title was won in 1984.
The club is known for players such as Allan Simonsen and Thomas Gravesen, both born in Vejle. Vejle is also the club where the famous Danish forward Preben Elkjær retired.
Vejle is also known for hosting the Danish UCI Continental Circuit Post Danmark Rundt. 14 out of the 22 times that the race has been held in Vejle, Vejle has been the finishing city of a stage. The finish line is located at the end of Kiddesvej, a steep road for Danish conditions, located in the city centre. In 2012, stars such as Tom Boonen, Andre Greipel and Mark Cavendish competed in the roads of Vejle.
- St. Nicolai Church. Old church. See the exhibited Haraldskær Woman, a well-preserved Iron Age Nordic mummy.
- Vejle Rådhus. The city hall of Vejle. No public access unfortunately.
Den Smidtske Gårdaddress: Søndergade 14Old courtyard in a restored timber-framed merchants house from 1799. Cafe Conrad and a branch of Vejle Museum is located here. This is one of the only medieval buildings in Vejle, before the rapid industrialisation of the late 1800s.
The Wave, Vejle.jpg|Bølgen (The Wave). A modern iconic residential building at the harbour front.
Den Hvide Facet - Vejle - View 02.jpg|Den Hvide Facet. Vejle has several iconic modern buildings.
Bryggen i Vejle.JPG|Bryggen, shopping centre and recreational harbour front.
Musikteatret i Vejle.JPG|Musikteatret, a cultural center for music and theatre.
Kanal-Vejle.JPG|The stream of Vejle Å cuts through the city.
Lido biograf i Vejle.JPG|Lido Biograferne.
Vejle - Økolariet.JPG|Økolariet, a regional center for organic production.
Den Smidtske Gård.JPG|Den Smidtske Gård.
VejleSctNicolai.jpg|St Nicholas' Church
Dronning Gunhild (moselig).JPG|Haraldskær Woman on display in a glass-covered sarcophagus.
- Vejle Kunstmuseum. Art museum with a broad selection from medical Dürer and Rembrandt to abstract expressionism. A sizeable collection of Danish painters, in particular from the Golden Age.
- Kulturmuseet Spinderihallerne. Engage in the history of Vejle.
- Albuen (the elbow). A beach park in the city center. Relax and enjoy the beach life, take a swim or paddle along in a canoe.
- Trekantsområdets Festuge. A ten day regional culture festival every year in late August.
- Strøget. A long street in the pedestrianised center lined with historic buildings, cafés, restaurants and specialty boutiques, ideal for shopping. Most larger Danish cities has a "strøget" street.
phone: +45 75720122address: Søndergade 14Cafe located in Den smidske gaard.
phone: +45 75829300address: Klostergade 1A cafe in the old prison
Sinatur Hotel Harldskær
Trattoria Dei Re
phone: +45 70 20 99 64address: Dæmningen 42 GVejle's largest brewery.
phone: +45 75825188address: Vardevej 485bring IH card. You can rent linen for DKK 50 or bring your own.
phone: +45 76823380address: Sanatorievej 26, StoubyHotel, conference center, spa, and restaurant outside Vejle at the fjord.
phone: +45 76496000address: Skibetvej 140Hotel and restaurant outside Vejle close to nature which gives a relaxing experience.
phone: +45 76 70 00 00address: Flegborg 8New-built mid-range hotel attached to the Vejle Music Theatre, next to the City Park. Rooms are efficiently designed, and large for Scandinavia. 700 m from the railway station.
phone: +4579427900address: Fiskergade 2-8Best Western ToRVEhallerne is located in the heart of Vejle only 2 minutes walk from the trainstation.
- Legoland theme park as well as Lalandia, a giant indoor waterpark with several other activities in Billund, about 30 km from Vejle.
- Givskud Zoo lion park, located 20 km outside Vejle. The zoo has a wide range of animals; worth mentioning is lions, rhinos, gorillas, giraffes, elephant and wolves.
- Jelling, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The old Danish capital with the Jelling stones and burial mound is ca 15 minutes north on the Struer train line, DKK 16.
- Sculpture park by Robert Jacobsen.
- Jernalderlandsbyen (The Iron Age Village), a large reconstructed Iron Age village with engaging activities for the whole family.